Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Poker Cards

Can't resist posting this - we've used this red deck of Gemaco Poker cards for multiple years now - same deck. We play weekly. Bicycle and other paper/disposable cards don't last a night with this crowd yet these Gemacos are still perfect after at least 2 years. I have no affiliation to kardwell.com or Gemaco just using them to show the cards I'm talking about.

http://www.kardwell.com/gemaco-gemback.htm
Old 08-29-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need 3 sets for an upcoming home tourney so I thought I'd try 3 different. I'll let post my opinion after some use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have a few decks of cheap paper cards as backup, in case anything happens to the decks while in play
Old 08-30-2007, 04:58 PM

Got my cards and I'll only order KEMs from now on!! They are the best of the 3 definitely worth the $$$
Old 09-06-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What poker cards do you use?
I am looking to buy some quality 100% plastic cards. I was going to get the EPT cards which are nhfournier cards but when i went on their website i found nowhere to order.
What cards do you use and how good are they to use?
Thanks
NHFOURNIER cards used on EPT but unable to order them looking for similar ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tridentcards recently started carrying these cards. I don't have a set yet but I'm thinking about as I do like Fournier's.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:15 PM

I found a 10% discount coupon code for tridentcards.com on another site. Coupon code is "scott".
Old 09-07-2007, 01:44 PM

I had a set of DalNegro Freedom cards. Nice cards, but unfortunately the ink sucks on them, and it's was wearing off all the cards. It was smearing slowly on the other cards over time, giving most of them a pinkish or grayish hue on the corners and edges. Unless this was a temporary problem, the ink on DalNegro cards sucks.

Same problem with the Modiano set, although less so.

No problems ever with KEM or Copag. I saw a comment that Copag fades. They don't fade - they look that way brand new. The colors are washed out. This is an aesthetic thing - if you don't like the faded colors, don't buy Copag. The cards are otherwise so nice that I use them anyway, and the faded colors bothers me much less while actually playing than I thought. I really like the green and burgundy set as a classy change from red and blue. The "gift" set in the wooden box with brass name plate is a nice deal, for a few bucks more. It's not a super high quality box, but it looks cool.

In home tourneys, playing with inexperienced players, many complain about the slipperiness of plastic cards. I brought several decks of very nice cards, and asked some people what they thought (without telling them I brought them.) Most said "I hate these!" Basically, they are simply used to the Bicycle or Bee paper cards we all grew up with. The quality of the plastic cards was just lost on them. All they noticed was something that was more "slippery" than they were used to dealing.