Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 02:37 PM

Default Re: C/T post: Tips for multitabling

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post. I strugle a lot with multitabling and not playing -ev game at the same time. I can comfortably play 12 tables of full ring but only 2 6max. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Edit: And Samsung 204B is next thing I'm going to buy. It's very cheep! Only $600! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting ripped off.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001226
Old 06-16-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
great post EMc. as someone who has never multi-tabled in earnest before, reading this post has convinced me to try 2-tabling today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. Ed didn't mention it in the OP, but add tables one at a time. Don't go crazy all at once.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice post. I strugle a lot with multitabling and not playing -ev game at the same time. I can comfortably play 12 tables of full ring but only 2 6max. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Edit: And Samsung 204B is next thing I'm going to buy. It's very cheep! Only $600! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting ripped off.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001226

[/ QUOTE ]

Huge Ripoff for $600 - I got the Dell 2001 FP for about $380 after taxes using a couple coupons and I love it for multitabling. I can fit 4 tables at any site with no overlap and I can sit 6 tables at Full Tilt and see all my cards at all tables.

I can't comment on the Samsung monitor, but I imagine it's the same thing pretty much since it's the same resolution.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:47 PM

I just got the Samsung, and love it. I will be gettign a 2nd one soon.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] showtunes, particularly Gilbert and Sullivan!

BTW nice post Ed.

WRT software, I'm surprised no one has mentioned MTH (Multi-Table Helper) a must for those multitabling at party.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does MTH do?
Old 06-16-2006, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] showtunes, particularly Gilbert and Sullivan!

BTW nice post Ed.

WRT software, I'm surprised no one has mentioned MTH (Multi-Table Helper) a must for those multitabling at party.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does MTH do?

[/ QUOTE ]
Works with Windows voice recognition software, so you can talk your way through the tables instead of clicking. Voice training can be a little rocky though. People occasionally post hands where they told the software "Fold" and it pushed instead.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People occasionally post hands where they told the software "Fold" and it pushed instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy BBV, Batman!
Old 06-16-2006, 04:30 PM

Great post as it saves me having to make a long one myself now as I can just hijack this one! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am ordering a new PC from Dell on Saturday as mine is rubbish. I have an 1800 megahertz AMD Athlon XP processor. 512MB of memory with an 80 gig HD which never gets even half full. I am also lumbered with a monitor that offers a wopping 1280 X 1024 resolution. This means that I multitable 4 tables with tons of overlap as on the 1280 X 1024 setting the picture is so bad I can barely read it, so I actually use a resolution of 1152 X 864! Overlap is an understatement!

Also the PC really drags when I have 12 Party tables open (I keep a lot open cause I junp around tables a lot), PT and GameTime running. It takes ages to import the hands and lags a lot when doing so. Party closed down some graphics automatically this week cause of low memory! This has become so bad this week as it gets worse the longer I am online and after 2 hours of Poker the game becomes unplayable if I try to keep PT running! Very -EV.

So to my question is this new PC enough to allow great mutitabling with no lag?

I am now buying an Intel® Pentium® D Processor 820 with DualCore Technology (2.80GHz,800MHz fsb,2x1MB cache) which I assume will be a big improvement processor wise.

Question 1 - my memory will be 1024MB Dual Channel DDR2 533MHz (2x512). Is this enough or do I need 2048MB. I know bigger memory is better but do I need it?

Question 2 - I am buying the Dell 20" UltraSharp™ Wide Aspect Flat Panel with Height Adj Stand (2007WFP) with 1680 X 1050 resolution. 2007WFP How many Party tables will fit with no overlaps on a monitor with these specs?

Question 3 - I am just using the Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 that come with the machine. Am I right to assume that id I am just playing poker I will not need any better as the good monitor is the important thing.

Sorry for the hijack Ed but you offered too good an opportunity.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Pee bottle. More necessary for tournament play. Empty Gatorade bottles work well. It sucks being at a final table and having to take a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding, right? You can't just get up and pee in a 20 second span? I thought Ed said something about distractions. There's nothing more distracting to me than a bottle full of my own piss sitting next to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't. My room is in the basement and the nearest bathroom is at least a 20 second run. I don't find it distracting.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:40 PM

Stealthy,

Check out the Internet forum, but I think the general consensus was that the Dell FP 2001 is superior to the FP 2007. You might still be able to get a 2001 cheap on Amazon or somewhere. I have the FP 2001 and it rocks.

I'm no techie, so maybe someone else can expand more on this.