Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Jordan was overrated?

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you even using Shaq and Wade? You might as well use Jordan with the Wizards. Shaq is close to being done. He's got another year or two before he is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I'm sorry, I thought it was guaranteed that Kobe + shaq = championship, and that kobe was a retard for "running shaq out." But now you say that shaq is just about done? ok.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:53 AM

The argument you were making is that Kobe with Shaq in his prime wasn't that huge of an advantage..thus people saying that "Kobe needs to win some championships without Shaq" in order to validate any comparisons to Jordan.

Shaq was a bigman...Pippen was not. Both were great players...but having a great bigman is much more valuable to a team.

If you put Kobe in his prime on the Bulls teams...its a weaker team.
If you put Jordan in his prime on the Lakers team...its a much better team.

Who ever said Kobe+Shaq=championship?

Kobe-Shaq=guaranteed no championship.

And yes the Shaq that plays today with the Miami Heat is close to being done.
I imagine he has 1 to 2 more years of solid play left before he either retires or starts to get injured/breakdown every year.

Jordan>>>>Kobe
Jordan>>>>>>>>>>> >Lebron
Jordan>Magic
Jordan>>>>Dwade

Jordan just barely>Wilt.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The argument you were making is that Kobe with Shaq in his prime wasn't that huge of an advantage..thus people saying that "Kobe needs to win some championships without Shaq" in order to validate any comparisons to Jordan.

Shaq was a bigman...Pippen was not. Both were great players...but having a great bigman is much more valuable to a team.

[/ QUOTE ]

They play with more than 2 players on the court. Kobe + Shaq is roughly equal to Jordan + Pippen.

[ QUOTE ]
If you put Kobe in his prime on the Bulls teams...its a weaker team.
If you put Jordan in his prime on the Lakers team...its a much better team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This is because Jordan is better than Kobe. You're tilting at windmills, here. I've never said otherwise. This is not about anyone saying Kobe = Jordan. No one has said that. You're putting words in people's mouths and then insulting them for saying it. In fact, you're the one that came in and started arguing that Jordan was better than Kobe. It was not part of the discussino. It's like going into a topic about the Red Sox and starting to talk about how much better A-Rod is than Youkilis. That's something someone with a similar name to you used to do.

With regards to Kobe vs Jordan, which you brought up, I'm only saying that Kobe a) has had worse teammates than Jordan, and b) is not a different type of player than Jordan. He's Jordan light. Good defender, good scorer, top player with the ability to be a centerpiece on a championship team. He still needs help to win it all.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:04 AM

This was my post:
Even using the word Lebron in the same sentence as Jordan is a diservice.

If Kobe learns to play better D, stops being an [censored] who only cares about himself, and learns to play team ball instead of me ball, adds another 3 championships without a big man..then you can compare the two.

Kobe and Dwade are the only two players who have any shot of being Jordanesque. but I highly doubt Kobe will ever win another championship

In was in response to an earlier post which stated that Kobe and Lebron are comparable in talent to Jordan.

Everything I wrote there is factual.

Kobe is not as good as a defender as Jordan was...I never said he was a bad defender.

Kobe is an ass and the majority of teammates on the Lakers team this year and last do not like playing with him. Its not my opinion..ask any sports beat writer for the LA Times. The Lakers will have serious problems attracting free agents in the future because it is well known in the league that while he's a great player...he's a crappy teammate. He also doesn't buy into the team concept...this is still a problem for him.

Jordan has 6 rings without a bigman. Kobe has 3 rings with Shaq. Kobe no longer has Shaq, so if Kobe never wins another ring there is no way for him to be equal with Jordan..thus he needs to win another 3 or 4 championships.

He's Jordan light. Good defender, great scorer, crappy teammate, ball hog, top player with the ability to be a centerpiece on a championship team.

Dwade- Very good defender, great scorer, great teammate, not a ball hog, top player with the ability to be lead a team to a championship.

Dwade is a better comparison to Jordan than Kobe is.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:11 AM

Even if Kobe and Dwyane approach being Jordanesque, they will never be Magical.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:53 AM

You do realize that Dwade, Eddie and Damon were all hurt in the 7th game last year right? I'm pretty sure it's the reason the Pistons beat them. They did play very good ball against the Pistons.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:39 AM

I still haven't seen an argument for why the best at something can't be overrated. This doesn't mean that anybody is better than him, just that the amount he is better than everyone is overstated.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still haven't seen an argument for why the best at something can't be overrated. This doesn't mean that anybody is better than him, just that the amount he is better than everyone is overstated.

[/ QUOTE ]

57% of people here agree with you
Old 03-29-2006, 10:18 AM

Wilt>Jordan
Old 03-29-2006, 10:36 AM

If you are one of the 14 who said MJ was overrated then you suck at life.