Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather:
Play in a serious game of dodgeball once every two months for the next 15 years. 30 56.60%
Not. 23 43.40%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Electron microscope analysis of steel spheres from WTC site

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't want to talk science, take your cynicism elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should anyone try to "talk science" with you? From previous threads, it's pretty obvious that you REALLY want to believe in a conspiracy, and nothing anybody posts to the contrary will convince you otherwise. It's like trying to debate the existence of god with a NotReady, or the theory of evolution with Sharkey.

You're not creating these threads to start a debate, you're starting these threads to push your agenda.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying you don't want to talk science? Why are you posting then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the issue here is that you seem to have a lack of scientific training. You also could never be convinced of anything other than the current position you hold. No matter how much information given to you that contradicts your position.

One point of yours was completely refuted, about the color of the molten metal. Yet you just chose to say, 'oh look here is a picture of it in silvery form as well, I guess we will never know'. Guess what It can exist in both states. You seem to want to ignore this fact, but thats ok YOU HAVE MORE HASTY GENERALIZATIONS AND IDEAS BACKED UP BY VERY LITTLE EVIDENCE. OMG SULFUR WAS FOUND.

Sulfur is a common element found in aluminum and steel alloys. So it would be logical to find traces of sulfur in any sort of spectroscopic analysis. I imagine if we took a sample of aluminum from the siding of your house, or from any metal beams inside we would find sulfur. I guess that means you have your building laced with thermite ready to make it go BOOM.

[ QUOTE ]
NIST has since noted that sulfur is present in gypsum drywall and other construction materials used in the towers.

[/ QUOTE ] from Wikipedia.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:11 AM

I'm pretty sure that this thread is meant to point out the futility of arguing with someone about anything after they've rejected the key evidence. Well done.

Person A: Gravity exits.

Person B: Not everywhere.

Person A: What?

Person B: Not on Pluto.

Person A: What the hell are you talking about?

Person B: Have you ever been to Pluto? I didn't think so! We have no idea if there's gravity there or not.

Person A: Well, it still orbits the sun.

Person B: You haven't even seen Pluto.

Person A: Well, it's pretty obvious that we have gravity here.

Person B: Who cares if we experience some local phenomenon? They don't have it in Antarctica.

Person A: You gotta be [censored] me.

Person B: How else do you explain penguins?

Person A: What the hell do they have to do with gravity?

Person B: That's exactly the question that I'm raising with the Pluto example!

Person A: So you're trying to use penguins as another Pluto. I've seen penguins, and they obey gravity.

Person B: Please provide me with a mechanism for showing why a penguin that you've seen has anything to do with a penguin in Antarctica.

Person A: Ok. Now you're just being retarded. Why are you so smug?

Person B: Why shouldn't I be? You're the one who can't back up your unscientific beliefs.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the President was involved in this plot why was he so stunned when he heard about the first plane?

[/ QUOTE ]

The presidency is generally regarded as a puppet.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, do you not understand what a sequence is?
1. Plane hits tower, impact knocks off fire retardant material from beams.
2. Resulting fire from av-gas heats beams enough to cause sagging.
3. Sagging causes beams to pull away from external walls.
4. When support of external walls is removed floor collapses to floor underneath.
5. Weight of floors above causes floor to collapse onto floor underneath.
6. Pancake

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this something you came up with yourself, or can we find a more detailed description of this?

Given your above (very undetailed) mechanism; can you describe to me what exactly is happening here?:

Can you include: 1. dust, 2. outward energies, 3. inside steel structure, 4. outside steel structure?

Old 05-23-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Er, molten aluminium will be orange at certain temperatures and silver at others, just like the heating element of your stove will be orange at certain temperatures and black at others. Black-body radiation and whatnot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there different colors for different temperatures of *liguid* aluminium? Do you have any sources?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:22 PM

Yes I can. One way pratically and one way visually.

Visually: Look at any film of a high rise being demolished, don't get hung up on them using explosives to kick out the support columns in the building it doesn't prove your point. Notice that as the building collapses under it's own weight, or pancakes, that a bunch of crap is blown out from the building. This is air pressure blowing debris away from the building.

Practically: Find two boxes such that one fits into the other one with a small gap. Fill the outer box half full of flower, fill the inner box with phone books to give it weight, drop the inner box into the outer box. Enjoy!
Old 05-23-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I can. One way pratically and one way visually.

Visually: Look at any film of a high rise being demolished, don't get hung up on them using explosives to kick out the support columns in the building it doesn't prove your point. Notice that as the building collapses under it's own weight, or pancakes, that a bunch of crap is blown out from the building. This is air pressure blowing debris away from the building.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those videos are not a good representative because through the charges used, a whole lot of concrete is turned into dust.

But basically what you are saying is that all we see here is 'a bunch of crap' or 'debris' being blown outward through air pressure.

Can you then explain to me how we get this extreme high volume of it? I would also like to know exactly what kind of 'debris' it is.

Notice how you didn't address the following:

2. outward energies, 3. inside steel structure, 4. outside steel structure. Nor have you explained how the (enormous volume of) dust is created.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Er, molten aluminium will be orange at certain temperatures and silver at others, just like the heating element of your stove will be orange at certain temperatures and black at others. Black-body radiation and whatnot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there different colors for different temperatures of *liguid* aluminium? Do you have any sources?

[/ QUOTE ]

Planck, Max (1901). "On the Law of Distribution of Energy in the Normal Spectrum". Annalen der Physik 4: 553.

http://dbhs.wvusd.k12.ca.us/webdocs/...anck-1901.html
Old 05-23-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You post 30 minute videos with no transcripts but don't even bother to read the links of others which directly answer your question. WTF is wrong with you?

As for the debris/pulverization of concrete, the force and energy available in this fall is incredible. You simply have no comprehension how much kinetic energy is contained in a 4 million kg block of concrete (the weight of a single floor) accelerated by gravity. In fact, regular explosive charges could not account for the amount of debris you're seeing and they way they're blown out. Read this link for a calculation of the energy available in this fall - hundreds of times the largest convential weapons, equivalent to a small nuclear device.

http://www.debunking911.com/freefall.htm
Old 05-23-2007, 12:55 PM

To add to what Phil said, I also don't think you realize just how big these buildings are or how much different it looks because instead of all the dust being blown out at ground level, where everything usually lands, and having it basically demolised from the top floor down. There where probably literally tons of non-steal material in the towers that was destroyed when they fell, being torn upart and turned to dust to be blown out of the building by the force of the collapsing floors. Try putting some of the flower from the previous experiment in your hand and clapping.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nielso,

you think it's like 100% that it wasn't airplanes?

[/ QUOTE ]

MS Paint of WTC being attacked by giant bears would KILL here.