Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2006, 12:58 AM

Default Re: qq hand

[ QUOTE ]
If this was heads up, raising and calling a 3bet is better than just calling. Since we have the retard to act behind us, I think it's an easy call. Unless BB is very very stupid he will never 3bet a worse hand and there is only one better hand. I also think he peels the flop with 66.

range that caps there: 66 44 22 9 comboes. 53s 4 combos.

I do not think capping the turn there with 66 44 or 22 is overplaying very much at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

i pretty much agree with this, but it depends...sb either has a draw or a hand hes calling with anyway if he got this far, meaning if he has a hand he's usually calling the river raise as well (cant say for certain though, Im just going off stats and what he has done so far this hand).

HU I raise this river, and usually I will just call multiway. but with only one other player in, the sb, who called down a turn cap he's usually calling a raise with his hand at this point or folding his draw.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:28 AM

My game is fine thanks.

I'll raise here everyday of the week.

I'd much rather build a pot on the flop guaranteed that I'm getting money in with a big equity edge, 7 outs 4 way is pretty big in my book.

On the turn or river there is no guarantee that you get anything, people make loose flop calls, they dont make loose turn calls very often. Checkraising the field on the big streets doesnt guarantee you much, people know how to fold especially to a big power play like that.

If I raise the flop and an Ace hits I can still checkraise, normally I'd just bet out though and hope to get raised but the option is still there.

I can still checkraise anyway because my hand is perfectly hidden it looks like I have a flushdraw or a Q.

People are also more likely to calldown since you inflated the pot.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:40 AM

i'm good with everything so far. on the river i gotta believe that seeing a 5s3s is worth 4 bets just for my entertainment value and so i can tell myself that i am the unluckiest top set player ever. seriously, my reasoning is that too many opponents will not throttle down (as previously stated by surfbullet) and you will beat another set. the small blind's presence makes this river capp even more value ladden imo.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:47 AM

Just call (for overcall). A 3-bet would make me very sad. Hero's hand is very nearly face-up imo.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just call (for overcall).

[/ QUOTE ]
SB called 2 cold on the turn. Either he had a draw (which missed and will probably fold) or a hand he feels is strong enough to show down (in which case he'll call 2 cold again).

[ QUOTE ]
Hero's hand is very nearly face-up imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think that would stop 90% of TAGs from capping any set on the turn.....especially a 27/14. My hand is painfully obvious but that doesn't mean he won't go into denial with his strong hand.

EDIT: Sorry Jason,

I said "my hand", but don't know if you read all the replies. To clarify, I was the hero in this hand.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SB called 2 cold on the turn. Either he had a draw (which missed and will probably fold) or a hand he feels is strong enough to show down (in which case he'll call 2 cold again).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a misconception- that the sb has either one or the other. Players like these will call multiple bets on the turn with a pair + a gutshot, or even just a pair that they hope to somehow improve to 2 pair. Then of course the pot is huge so they toss in one more bet on the river, but they won't toss in two. This range can also include A high hands that will call one bet (for god knows what) but will finally get the hint on the the river if its two bets (A3, A5 or an A high flush draw come to mind).

[ QUOTE ]
Hero's hand is very nearly face-up imo.

I don't think that would stop 90% of TAGs from capping any set on the turn.....especially a 27/14. My hand is painfully obvious but that doesn't mean he won't go into denial with his strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is arguing that he won't go into denial x% of the time and overplay his hand- its that he has to have the worse set >60% of the time to account for the three bet. That has certainly not been my experience at these levels.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:50 AM

3-betting the turn clearly shows a hand better than one pair. The PFR hands that meet this criterion are QQ and 66. Capping in the face of this inference shows a straight.

1. If Villain is thinking clearly or just acting timid then we are definitely beat.

2. If Villain does not draw this inference then there is still a very good chance that he was dealt 53 instead of 66/44/22 and we will lose even though Villain doesn't know what he is doing.

Raising is giving 2-1 odds in a situation where we are clearly an underdog so I call.