Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: 10NL FR Video 4

[ QUOTE ]
can I ask what your winrate is and over how many hands? just wondering, because if it's higher than mine I might check it out with hopes of learning something.

[/ QUOTE ]

3.5 ptbb/100 over 25k hands
Old 07-11-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions for the next video?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Cheer up!

Battle of Blinds hand where you semi-bluffed into a small pot was a great image play. It's 35 cents well invested in busting up your nitty image.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:17 PM

AQs in the first few minutes - i fire another one on the turn. Its a good spot to two barrel and you still have 13 outs to hit.

97 with the flopped trips. When bad boo-boo min raises you on the turn he has $1.10 lft, you should re-raise and put him all in

Same with the kings with the full house. The pot is $3.20 and he has $3.10 left, i'd just shove that instead of betting half the pot.

Whats your AF?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:28 PM

Trip 9s hand is an auto call w/ that small of a raise. Then you kick the dog!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:37 PM

Why did you not set mine w/ those 99s in the BB? Yes, the UTG raiser was uber rocky, but those players also will stack off when they get into a pot due to their building impatience. They hate to fold the hands that they have waited all night for. Flop a set and stack a rock. You were both deep and the raise was <10% of your stack.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AQs in the first few minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising this hand before the flop from the SB (.70c) can't be considered spew can it? You most likely have the best hand but you def have the worst position.

I think a raise (.70) will narrow the field and then the idea of a cbet can be entertained.

Thoughts on this line anyone?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising this hand before the flop from the SB (.70c) can't be considered spew can it? You most likely have the best hand but you def have the worst position.

I think a raise (.70) will narrow the field and then the idea of a cbet can be entertained.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate these hands in cash games out of the blinds. In tourneys I might play it aggro, but in cash games I'm playing fit or fold out of the blinds.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Same with the kings with the full house. The pot is $3.20 and he has $3.10 left, i'd just shove that instead of betting half the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half the villain's stack looked like a good bet to me, no worries!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:13 PM

First post, been lurking a bit thought I'd contribute with newness to NL taken into account [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. First, I think it's great you make a video like this and put yourself out there. Very commendable and I hope to do that myself sometime soon as a learning/discussion tool.

I suppose I could have marked comments down while viewing and wish now I would have, but in general it looks like you play a game that is fairly safe, and keeps you, for the most part, out of difficult decisions, especially pf. I liked your reraise pf, against the table lag, with I believe JJ. You might have just cold called a tight player's raise? scary value bet on flop, but it worked well for you. Like you said, position was key there. On the hand where you had trip 9's you seemed distressed by it afterwards but there wasn't much else you could do really. It's hard to put a player on reasonable hands sometimes at this level. That player was so passive that he probably wouldn't have raised the river had the Q not hit. The monotone board (I believe) probably scared him. There was no reason for you to believe you were behind due to his lack of aggression. My advice, and it should certainly be taken with a grain of salt given what I still need to learn, is that you can maybe limp more, calling raises PF when necessary, and try to hit big hands that can take monster pots when they hit. It seemed often when you were undecided between seeing a flop and not, you would often choose not to. Some of the times I was hoping you would choose call, or occasionally even raise, instead of folding.

Anyway, good job again on posting the video, I think discussions that involve hands seen in a video have much better context than those seen in a vacuum. Hopefully I will be able to further contribute to this forum in the future
Old 07-12-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate these hands in cash games out of the blinds. In tourneys I might play it aggro, but in cash games I'm playing fit or fold out of the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have the best hand but in a no fold'em game like both the tables I was sitting at i would have to think that would be a -ev play.