Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: NFL teams blitzing in preseason?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The team offers a package of something like "8 home games, plus two exhibition games, plus priority for playoffs for $xxxxxx/seat". If you want to pay it, you do. If you don't want to, you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what if I want the package with the just the regular season games? Where do I get that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same place where you get the package that only includes games against division rivals or top-ranked opponents. If you don't like the package, don't buy it. It's a package. You can't buy a happy meal and deduct the price of the toy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to deduct the price of the toy, that's like the best part.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who thinks it's wrong to complain about being forced to buy tickets to the two preseason games obviously doesn't actually hold season tickets. It's a crock of [censored] and every season holder I know resents it.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I've sold my Redskins preseason tickets this year. I got $20 for the pair for last weekend's game and $50 for the pair for tonight.

Tickets are worth $44 each so $176 total and I got $70, almost 40% of face value. That's a ripoff.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:00 PM

Then don't buy the season tickets in the first place.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:05 PM

I always liked going to preseason games when I had season tix.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Basic economics courses for everyone please. If you bought a season ticket then you don't think that season tickets are a ripoff.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Basic economics courses for everyone please. If you bought a season ticket then you don't think that season tickets are a ripoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess what else is allowed in this free market of ours? Bitching about business practices that gouge loyal customers.

Its all fine and dandy to screw us over on preseason tickets now, but when the team starts losing in 5-10 years the years of getting stuck with preseason tickets will be a major strike against renewing for a lot of people.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:20 PM

God you "well don't buy the seasons if you don't like it" guys are freakin TOOLS.

Yah, everyone gets it, you don't have to buy season tickets. Can you not understand that people WANT season tickets but do NOT WANT to be forced to buy the preseason tickets? Your collective "hey tough [censored] don't buy them then" mentality is ridiculous.

Have you never bought a product and thought "Hey, I love feature A, like feature B and feature C, but I don't really care for feature D" - ZOMG EITHER HAPPILY ACCEPT EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF THE PRODUCT AND LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT AND NEVER EVER COMPLAIN OR ELSE JUST SHUT UP AND DON'T BUY IT. Such a ridiculous argument.

The NFL is so cash flush and tickets are already so expensive they really don't need to be doing this. You're paying full price for these tickets, and you're not seeing a full NFL game from the starters that we all care about and support. Lots of these guys won't even make the team (plus the game doesnt count obv). For teams like the Giants where people wait 30 years for seasons, opening up the preaseason and letting the more casual fan get a taste of the stadium would be great!

I mean, most preseason games nearly or do sell out, and yet the gameday attendance is usually under 50% capacity. No one gets excited for these games. No one wants the tickets, and they're forced down season ticket holders throats. Yes, I'll still buy seasons because I love the team and going to the real games, but I think it's reasonable to wish I didn't have to shell out an extra 100+ for something I didn't want it.

If the Bills get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs this year, though - hey, at least I'll have dibs baby!
Old 08-25-2007, 01:27 PM

The Giants have a 30 year waiting list - what's the point of selling exhibition games at face value to fans who're never going to get tickets to the place?

The point that Jack of Arcades made that everyone is ignoring that if these pre-season games didn't exist, they'd jack up the price for the regular season. Right? Obviously you're paying for 2 games you don't want in the pre-season. So you'll pay that amount for the regular season too.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:34 PM

The NFL position is that football is football, preseason and regular season are the same price. I'd quit bitching if they extended that logic to playoff ticket prices.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Yes, but everyone is missing the flipside of that. Season ticket holders would want the prices jacked up for regular season.

Say season ticket holder Joe breaks both his legs and cannot go to one football game that year and has to get rid of all his tickets but still buy to keep his plan for the next year.

Scenario 1 (as is): Joe sells tickets to 8 games for $54 each, but cant move the preseason tickets and eats $54/game.

Scenario 2 (reg season jacked up and no forced preseason purchases): Joe sells tickets to 8 games for $67.50 (face value of the new tickets) each and doesnt lose anything from the money he laid out.

How is that not beneficial to a season ticket holder?