Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Ask TheMetetron about living in or visiting Buenos Aires, Argentin

Just how good is the air?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
by multicultural I was referring to the European feel... I guess I meant "which country feels more like South America," or "what are some towns that feel more culturally South American" because I had heard that Buenos Aires was a very international city.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I haven't visited any other cities at this point and the only ones anyone really talks about are the Argentine vacation spots (Calafate, Mar de la Plata, etc), so I really am not qualified to answer your question. I can at least so that there are no big cities with that feel, the only ones that may be like that are smaller ones on the outskirts of the country that I wouldn't go to.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just how good is the air?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you can do better.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Argentina is definitely the safest South American country

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not quite accurate I believe. General consensus is that Chile, Uruguay and Paraguay are at least as save as Argentina. But this doesn't mean "save" by European standards of course.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:28 AM

is there good asian food there?
Old 01-25-2007, 05:47 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 01-25-2007, 05:50 AM

met,

Didn't read most of the thread yet, so if this is already answered, let me know and I'll scroll up.

Did you travel much elsewhere in South America? If so, how would you compare those places to Argentina?

Very sweet pics, btw.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it easy to get a hold of blow there? (Assuming the visitor is traveling alone without a preexsting connect or anything)

Also, is weed legal there?

Thx for reopening this thread!

--AD

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea about anything harder than weed, but I'm sure its easier to smuggle it into Argentina than into the USA, so I'm sure you can get it if you want.

Weed, if you hang out in the right bars and give off the right vibe, you shouldn't have too much trouble, but the weed isn't nearly as good. I haven't bought any so I can't give you any more specifics on the process. It isn't legal.

[/ QUOTE ]
To add on, the weed there is of generally poor quality. It typically comes in this "brick," condensed form that I've never seen. When my friend came back to the US, I got him some typical, ordinary US weed, and he was very excited because it was so much better than what he gets in BA. When he can get normal, "leafy" pot, he's pretty happy and buys more than he normally might. I know he has ready access to both acid and coke, but for a short time he did live with a drug dealer, so maybe he's got better-than-usual connections.

Note, he's American, has lived in BA for almost three years, and didn't really smoke too much until he moved down there.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TELL US ABOUT THE HOOKERS

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had much personal experience, but I've heard stories. For the most part, there is no such thing as a strip club in Argentina. They may call it that and there may even be a pole, but don't be fooled. The girls aren't there to dance, they are there to screw you and they don't really [censored] around with it.

Like in any country, you can spend as much or as little as you want. I've heard stories of fat whores propositioning people for a 6 peso [censored] (literally a $2 bj). I've also heard of prices going as high as $100-$150 for anything you want with a high class girl of supermodel quality. It's really up to you, I'd say the standard is about $30-50 for everything with a decent looking girl. Usually, I think it's $15 to the establishment to get her to be able to leave and then you negotiate with her directly.

Most recently, an anonymous person told me a story where he paid two hookers $30 each to go back to his place and have a sex show for him. It was both videotaped and photographed (and they were okay with this). I will attempt to get permission to post the pictures here, but I don't know if the girls are that great looking or not. I'm sure he could have screwed them both without paying extra if he was so inclined.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there good asian food there?

[/ QUOTE ]

By your standards, no. There are Thai, Indian, Chinese, etc places here, but they aren't very common. Maybe a few nice restaurants of each at most. They are comparable in quality to the same food in the United States, but clearly aren't as good as the stuff you can get in Asia.