Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: easy $20 on ftp for first person who can tell me how to fix itunes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're actually paying for music in this day and age I lol @ you.

[/ QUOTE ]
This post seriously makes me angry.

How about artists nowadays have to play poker to pay the bills because their royalties can't buy them food?

Not willing to pay a couple of bucks for the music you love... cheap ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't paid for a cd in forever.. because frankly most of them suck, there might be 1 or 2 good tunes on there.. which I'm not about to pay 15-20$ for. The profit margins for the record companies are obscene. The artists make some off royalties, but they make a lot more from concert ticket sales and merchandise and I support my favored musicians in that way. Although ticketmaster is worse than the record companies.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:27 PM

"The profit margins for the record companies are obscene."

There's an easy way to get around this now that we have the internet. Artists can just sell their albums online, without the record companies. Within the next 20-50 years all music will be sold like this; I've actually started a website that does this. Instead of charging $20 for an album and giving $1 to the artist, I charge $1.35 for an album. $1 goes to the artist, 15 cents to taxes, 10 cents to pay pal and 10 cents to me.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:46 PM

can all of you retards clogging up my thread with hilariously dumb rationalizations pls stfu. the reason you don't buy music is that you are broke and dumb - as evidenced by your 2nd grade arguments - and therefore $9.00 means 2 meals for you so an album is out of the question. if you were not dumb, you could easily make enough from poker - or even get a real job - that you could afford some music and still have plenty left over. but that is your lot in life.

btw - i'm sure there are plenty of people i would like irl who don't pay for music, but they are not the type who would ever try to back themselves up with such embarrassing arguments. they are the type who make no argument at all - they realize what they are doing is wrong, but it's just too easy - they make no other excuses - they are too smart for that.

now start your own thread.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can all of you retards clogging up my thread with hilariously dumb rationalizations pls stfu. the reason you don't buy music is that you are broke and dumb - as evidenced by your 2nd grade arguments - and therefore $9.00 means 2 meals for you so an album is out of the question. if you were not dumb, you could easily make enough from poker - or even get a real job - that you could afford some music and still have plenty left over. but that is your lot in life.

btw - i'm sure there are plenty of people i would like irl who don't pay for music, but they are not the type who would ever try to back themselves up with such embarrassing arguments. they are the type who make no argument at all - they realize what they are doing is wrong, but it's just too easy - they make no other excuses - they are too smart for that.

now start your own thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

i take it you didnt get it fixed yet
Old 07-25-2007, 09:53 PM

heh - just got home trying now - reinstall did nothing. working my way through other suggestions. ty for your interest!
Old 07-25-2007, 09:54 PM

ditto on the $20 if someone can tell me how to sync my ipod with a new library w/o losing all of my songs on my ipod.

must work.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:56 PM

nice tx - i have been too dumb to figure that one out too.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The profit margins for the record companies are obscene."

There's an easy way to get around this now that we have the internet. Artists can just sell their albums online, without the record companies. Within the next 20-50 years all music will be sold like this; I've actually started a website that does this. Instead of charging $20 for an album and giving $1 to the artist, I charge $1.35 for an album. $1 goes to the artist, 15 cents to taxes, 10 cents to pay pal and 10 cents to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Won't this mean a lot of people will lose jobs? Assuming that the record companys are destroyed. That's the only plausible negative I see. Oh.. and that Master P's son won't be able to afford his very own Nicaraguan Island. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2007, 10:28 PM

"Won't this mean a lot of people will lose jobs? Assuming that the record companys are destroyed. That's the only plausible negative I see."

Absolutely, but these people aren't adding anything to our economy (they produce nothing of value) so it will be a hugely positive thing that they can no longer leech off the work of the artist, imho.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:33 PM

Txredman, when you plug your ipod in, change your settings from auto import to drag-and-drop and then you can add more songs without losing the rest