Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Re: I made video of me playing 2/4 and 3/6

... and by creativity i mean the evolutionary energy in man known as kundalini. for, reelz.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:35 AM

i've only watched the first 5 mins so far and i'm not going to give much comment on the play because everybody has been pretty spot on so far in that regard.

however, hyper simple mode ftw. i dont know how anybody plays with the default stars layout. hyper simple, avatars off, animation off, chat off completly, get rid of all your hud stats apart from vpip/pfr and MAYBE 1 or 2 other major ones. everything else you can instantly get on the pop up IF you need them.
99% of the time you dont need all those stats on your screen.

also, playing multiple sites and multple limits, if you are used to it fine but if you're running bad just keep it as simple as possible. play only 2/4 or 3/6. play only 1 site. sometimes you can miss a lot of the flow and texture of a game if you're constantly having to actively think about standard default things like open raise sizing.

anyway, i'm not going to give suggestions on your play until i watch the rest of the vid but seriously, you could make your life a lot easier if you clean your layout up a bit.

oh and wtf is up with straate shortstacking 2/4?? lol, when was this video made??!

EDIT: just noticed as well you dont even have bet amounts turned on in the options so you have to hover your mouse over to get the amount. turn it on. its pointless wasting thinking time on trying to figure out how much someone bet when you can see that info for free right away. i know these things seem irrelevant but anything you can do to make your life easier and give you an edge no matter how small or seemingly trivial in the post UIGEA world, you should take advantage of.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:15 AM

watched a bit of it. cero z is dead on... you focus too much on results while playing as well.

A4s pf call is so mandatory it's not funny. I'd probably bet the flop, i'd call the turn and bluff if he checked the river. You're not "looking someone up" when you call a bet with a draw, it's either a steal equity decision, implied odds decision, or your immediate odds (podds) make it ok. Fwiw, villain bet twice the pot on the river, it's a blank, your outs look like blanks too, see how +EV the turn call was? In poker sometimes you take the worst of it for a big payoff, ie a 1 in 4 shot bc you will get better then 4:1 on your money.
The lead w/ AQ is bad vs the minraiser, I would check. Given you bet the flop, keep betting.
Why don't you like the jack in the ATs hand??? What, JJ? AJ had you on the flop.
The A8c is played fine. Really, played fine.
T9d is sooo standard.
I'd play a good number of the hands you fold really fast, as well.

Sounds weird saying this but you rely way too heavily on your PAHud stats. I'd consider trying a session without it completely. I don't like PAHud, fwiw.

When you see AKd in the BB, and someone raises, you should get an erection. It's not "oh man I hate playing this hand OOP, sigh, time to lose money," it's "WOOOHOOO I CAN GO ALL IN IF I WANTED TO!"

People don't talk about limped play often, but let me just say your limped pot play leads a little to be desired. (The 76o hand)

The hand against forcewithme (T7) i'd probably not Cbet, he's fairly tight oop even against button opens, and that flop hit his range decently. You have very bad equity vs his CC range AND vs. a c/c range, I'd often NOT bet there under the guise of "I dont pick up the pot enough". Give me 56, QJ, etc. and I probably still would though. You say it probably doesn't hit him, but no, this board probably DOES hit him. He's not checkraising 55 there, if he did, he would fold to aggression. I would fold in 2 seconds with ten high vs his c/r.

Small note, I like playing only the same stakes when I'm playing (all 5/10, al 3/6, all 2/4) bc I make big errors with pf raise amounts if I'm playing different stakes. I noticed you did 1 3/6 and 3 2/4, dont know if you run into this problem...

About the HUD, again: If you DO NOT USE THE STATS, dont have them up. they just crowd your screen. It would annoy the hell out of me to see all those numbers.

small note as well, lol @ jefferzon call with TT on the K Q x board. lol...

Small pot but the A5o vs the blind minraise, that's a turn call fair and simple.
If people (bad players) cold call you alot, and you have position, there are very few hands I would fold. for what it's worth. A6o looks positive expectation.

Q9h was played ok. I would've done differently but i dont dislike your line.

Is your avatar gene coding or balloons? Can't figure it out.
DONT USE THE CHECKFOLD BUTTONS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

56s was just too tame. if you're going to go into c/f miss as the aggressor playing SCs, its typically better not to play them. that said, play them w/ the intent of winning the pot, and thats the greatest recipe of them all!

Man... Why are you so upset at the JJ hand? It's such a profitable spot. you should probably c/f the 66 hand on the flop. Once you get to the turn, c/c. C/r is an option too. "Im just going to let him catch his heart". Uhh...

here's a strategy I use: (more 2p2ers should do this) if you think you have the best hand, bet. if you think you have the 2nd best hand, but they will fold sometims, bet. if you know they have the best hand, but you have decent equity, bet. this could mean we have 3rd pair, ace high, gutshot, 3rd nuts, whatever. it really doesnt matter what we have most of the time.

you overthought the TT hand. man, money signs flash in my eyes when i see an overpair. id pay off on the river, but it's not a bad fold, really. id bet alot of money he didnt have 45 or a set there, if you were beat its bc he hit the river.

KQ is a snap call.

watched half of it or so, def. alot to comment on.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you know they have the best hand, but you have decent equity, bet. this could mean we have 3rd pair, ace high, gutshot, 3rd nuts, whatever. it really doesnt matter what we have most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehhh? I wouldn't be in the habit of betting out if I KNOW villain has me beat - and we don't really have "good equity" w/ bottom pair. Bobbo, are you just suggesting that "when in doubt, be the aggressor"?
Old 10-13-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you know they have the best hand, but you have decent equity, bet. this could mean we have 3rd pair, ace high, gutshot, 3rd nuts, whatever. it really doesnt matter what we have most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehhh? I wouldn't be in the habit of betting out if I KNOW villain has me beat - and we don't really have "good equity" w/ bottom pair. Bobbo, are you just suggesting that "when in doubt, be the aggressor"?

[/ QUOTE ]

the second part of that (my hand, meaning bottom pair or ace high etc.) was not linked to if we know they have a better hand. I meant it moreso along the 2nd part. (If they will fold) Or, if we feel ace high is good. (The best hand)

When in doubt being the aggressor is not what I mean. Basically, don't play in doubt.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when you're 2-1 dog. Couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know what, I'm really embarrassed now. I thought my equity was higher.... I didn't think it through. With 9 outs on flop, and 12 on turn, I guess it's 40%, but in the moment I thought it was almost a coinflip.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your bet sizing needs work. Specifically, I think you bet too much when you are bet/folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised to hear you say this. I wonder if this video is really representative. Because I know I mix up my c-bet sizes, and the tendency is definitely to bet less when I'm weak and more when I'm strong. I'm worried about being exploitable if I made it too obvious, so I try to balance it a little bit. Also, I vary based on dryness/wetness of the board, and how much respect I think a bigger bet will get. Sometimes I'll bet big on a scary board with a truly hopeless hand, because I think the bigger bet will look like I'm jamming the nuts and get them off a marginal pair or a marginal club. My logic is that it's cheaper than a second barrel, which I incidentally almost never do anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 01:18 PM

Everytime I hear someone whos running bad, I always think, "i bet they rely soley on pt stats"
Old 10-13-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you like the jack in the ATs hand??? What, JJ? AJ had you on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
"I don't like that" preferred to his lead, not the turn card.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the flop, i'd call the turn and bluff if he checked the river. You're not "looking someone up" when you call a bet with a draw, it's either a steal equity decision

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that was a dumb thing to say, and I cringed hearing it when I watched the video.

[ QUOTE ]
When you see AKd in the BB, and someone raises, you should get an erection. It's not "oh man I hate playing this hand OOP, sigh, time to lose money," it's "WOOOHOOO I CAN GO ALL IN IF I WANTED TO!"

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it had been like three months since I got all in with AK for 100bb and actually had the best hand. If I raise and get 4bet, I'm always crying calling praying I both have a coinflip and then win it. I've been really unhappy with AK for a long time. Amazingly, on my last session where I lost 13+ buyins I got >$600 in way ahead twice, AQ and KQ. I was flabbergasted, it's been so long.

[ QUOTE ]
errors with pf raise amounts if I'm playing different stakes. I noticed you did 1 3/6 and 3 2/4, dont know if you run into this problem...

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel BetPot solves this problem completely.

[ QUOTE ]
Is your avatar gene coding or balloons?

[/ QUOTE ]
Balls

[ QUOTE ]
here's a strategy I use: (more 2p2ers should do this) if you think you have the best hand, bet. if you think you have the 2nd best hand, but they will fold sometims, bet. if you know they have the best hand, but you have decent equity, bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've always had "passivity" problems, and the downswing is just exacerbating them.