Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Cashier\'s error at the Vic - no reward for being honest?

so, I was at the Bellagio today and started up a new game. At the Bellagio, they bring a bunch of chips to the table when the game is forming, and you purchase your chips at the table, and then the floor takes the remaining chips and the cash back to the cage. Well, today the floor guy come back after this and says there was $100 extra in there. He says that since it was the result of two bills being stuck together, the cameras won't be able to track down who the extra bill belongs to, and to make a long story short, they end up giving me and another guy $50 each.

Fast forward an hour... a new dealer shows up and says "hey, I'm $100 short." Well, we all realize immediately that somehow $100 got removed from the tray and mixed in with the other chips earlier, so we call the floor guy back over, he asks us each to return the $50 that he gave us. We do, someone says he should give us a comp, he agrees, and he goes and gets us each a $15 food comp (at the Bellagio, $15 is enough to buy a hot dog and a cheesecake, as long as you just get water to drink).

It never even really occurred to me that I should get any sort of comp for this and I wouldn't have been at all upset with anything that happened here had I not received anything at all... but as soon as someone brought up a comp, it reminded me of this thread. I don't ever eat their overpriced food without a comp, and the food itself can't cost more than maybe $3-4 to them... and each time I go there I pay ~$100 in time collections. Seems like a decent investment for them to make me feel appreciated. *shrug*