Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: 2007 Buffalo Bills - Does Anyone Have Any Hope?

They definitely would've won the nfc west in 2004. Last year I dunno - I can't really say they were better than their record because they were pretty lucky to beat the Jags, Packers & Texans the way they played in those games.

The losses of Fletcher & Spikes have been hugely overstated IMO because it's not like they could stop the run with those guys. The defense can't be better w/out Clements though; especially if this Webster guy is going to start.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:27 PM

Yeah the sheer number of tackles Fletcher had last year doesn't really mean anything. Someone has to bring the runner down when he gashes through the middle for 8 to 12 yards. I'll take the youth of Poz and Crowell anyday.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Compare Buffalo to another team in the division people think are a good team, New York. How many more wins do they have this year than Buffalo? I would say one if any. This is not a very good team at all. Last year they got lucky with the week 17 [censored] of Denver and Cinci. The line between winning and losing in the NFL is very slim as you know. The Bills beat them once (should have been twice).

Point is that they can clearly hang with a team most people consider good. Hell, they lost to NE by 2, Detroit by 3 (they looked very bad that game), the future world champions by 1 and Tennessee by 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) You do know that last year, the Jets controlled their own destiny going into week 17? They win, they in.

2) Except for the retarded ESPN analysts, no one expects the Jets to do amazing this year. Most people that actually have a knowledge in football are predicting between 7 and 9 wins. They could certainly win more, and could certainly win less.

3) To go along with your 'they can hang with anyone' line, the Jets beat NE once (very close game the other time, and an awesome game up until the last 5 minutes in the playoffs), hung with the future champs till the last second, beat Tenny, etc etc. You can't say that NY is a bad team, then state reasons that help show NY is a good team.

Obviously we couldn't make this happen, but if the Bills were in the NFC West, I would put up to $500 they would not win the division this year. Last year, maybe, but not this year. You lost too much on defense, and the offense is still a bit shaky.

I say between 6 and 8 wins for the Bills this year. Give them two years, they'll be strong again to make the AFC East a strong division.

But hey, lets agree on one good thing for the Bills. You face Miami twice [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2007, 03:30 AM

FTR, I'm not a Bills fan, I'm from New England actually. The loss of Clements is troubling, but the addition of Dockery could be huge. He was outright dominant last year, and played better than everyone else on that Redskins line. And they had a damn good line. There's something about the Bills that works. Jauron and Levy are good together.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
8-8 would be awesome.
9-7 would be ridiculous.
Sweeping the Dolphins would be best though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little surprised and even more disappointed that this didn't get more of a reaction out of bills fans. Come on boys. We all know the season really is about squishing the fish. And I don't give a crap if a dolphin ain't a fish, ok.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:22 AM

i had a dream last night the bills would win 23-16 today...
Old 09-09-2007, 10:42 AM

then it shall be so.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
8-8 would be awesome.
9-7 would be ridiculous.
Sweeping the Dolphins would be best though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little surprised and even more disappointed that this didn't get more of a reaction out of bills fans. Come on boys. We all know the season really is about squishing the fish. And I don't give a crap if a dolphin ain't a fish, ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, it's the Jets. The Bills could go 2-14 and as long as those two wins were against the hated Jets I'd be happy.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:01 PM

The perfect season starts today, boys. 0-16 FTW!
Old 09-09-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Go Bills!