Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Mover steals from me, what\'s my play? (Very long, with cliff\'s not

[ QUOTE ]
lol...I change my opinions for nobody. If we haven't learned that in these past years...we haven't been paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

"we" have a registration date of 04/23/06, and i don't know or care what account you had prior to this one. i'm sure you're the king of your little fiefdom, wherever or whatever it is, but your powers don't stretch much further than your cubicle or the door of your house. the sooner you figure that out the less you will come off as a tool that somehow got the impression that strangers should or ever will listen to you.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Mover steals from me, what\'s my play? (Very long, with cliff\'s not

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol...I change my opinions for nobody. If we haven't learned that in these past years...we haven't been paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

"we" have a registration date of 04/23/06, and i don't know or care what account you had prior to this one. i'm sure you're the king of your little fiefdom, wherever or whatever it is, but your powers don't stretch much further than your cubicle or the door of your house. the sooner you figure that out the less you will come off as a tool that somehow got the impression that strangers should or ever will listen to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

god you're stupid...go bicker with someone about tv's
Old 12-02-2006, 02:13 AM

get back entire price + tips +ask for more or tell them they should expect to hear from a lawyer.

as a company they are responsible for there employees - they have deep pockets, they can pay you for the hassle.

take advantage and dont feel bad!!!
Old 12-02-2006, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know or care what account you had prior to this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Astro, By-Tor = ThinMan. In his case I think knowing his previous incarnation will significantly effect your relationship with his current one.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:45 AM

I liked the idea of suing for a full refund on the "being robbed violated the terms of the agreement" argument. The fact that the money was returned hardly equates to 'no harm, no foul.'
Old 12-02-2006, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked the idea of suing for a full refund on the "being robbed violated the terms of the agreement" argument. The fact that the money was returned hardly equates to 'no harm, no foul.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Had I taken it to small claims court, maybe there's a chance that argument might have worked (depending on the wording of the contract with them).

However, I'm happy with the $500 they gave me. That's a 50% refund, my stuff has been moved, I got my $1500 back, and the thief has been arrested and confessed. Seems like closure to me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:28 PM

Never take the first offer. They're hoping to get out of this cheaply.

That being said, I'm non-confrontational like you, and would probably leap at the $500. There's more to life than just EV.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:03 PM

Take the $500 since they have an e-mail with your attempt to blackmail them.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Take the $500 since they have an e-mail with your successful attempt to blackmail them.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's not like I completely fabricated events in order to get them to pay up. Had their employee not stolen from me, I wouldn't have been looking for my pound of flesh. I definitely should not have been paying full-price for the "service" they provided me.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Never take the first offer. They're hoping to get out of this cheaply.

That being said, I'm non-confrontational like you, and would probably leap at the $500. There's more to life than just EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that crossed my mind too. However, as you stated, I try to avoid confrontations. Sending the email and waiting for their reply was actually fairly stressful, despite the fact that I was definitely in the right to ask for compensation. If it wasn't for a few of my friends telling me that I was a pussy for wanting to "let it go" and move on, I wouldn't have even sent the email at all.

A $500 refund works out to a half-priced move. That's good enough for me.