Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: BBV SURVIVOR
KILL BASTARD 17 100.00%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: NEW Poker After Dark - June 18- International Week

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone remember when Shana Hiatt asked Jennifer Harman what she would do with the 120k and Harman said.. "Add it to the pile".

So damn gangsta.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Yeah, I remember that. Harman even tried to force a little smile after saying it (to make it look like she was kidding), but just couldn't do it convincingly enough.

Sometimes, Shana's simplistic questions can reap priceless answers. Shana's still got game.

I'm sure Marco has that episode indexed right at that very spot , and watches it over and over again, until Jen comes home and he has to get off the couch and cook her dinner. Not a bad payday for a hairdresser/cook. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2007, 04:56 PM

I see by international they mean european and america junior...ean
Old 06-18-2007, 10:44 PM

is it just me or does every interview that shana does seem akward as [censored]!!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:47 AM

No, we all see it, but she's too cute to worry about it.
Check out any of her interviews with S.Nguyen (on the WPT), they're always good for a laugh. He wants her bad and isn't afraid to let her know.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:05 AM

On this morning's PAD, Shana's back to her regular hairstyle. She's wearing pants and a so-so black blouse. Not very sexy, but she's still cute.

I like the way when they start the show and Ali says,"This week on Poker After Dark", and this time they don't show anything that looks too good, so it's less of a spoiler than some of the other openings in the past.

It's a talkative table (except for Marco), and Negreanu is trying to break the record for all-time motor mouth.

There is also a nice hand to watch for in the first half of the show.

In the second half of the show, the talk centers around the player's big and beautiful houses(and cost) and you get to see a birds-eye view of Benyamine's shorts and sandals (with no socks). Here you can see how big he still is.

When the talk gets back around to Tennis, Benyamine says he can still play. I didn't know whales could play tennis?

When I say whales, I mean very rich guys.[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As for the poker, other than the one hand in the first half of the show, it was a mostly card-dead evening. Pretty ho-hum stuff.

Overall Grade: C+
Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 AM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] brad booth so damn much. Seriously.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:02 AM

Surprised at the lack of interest.

I thought it was probably the best PAD episode so far. Lots and lots of action.

Gus' bust hand: The poker gods really smiled on Booth. There is no way anyone could put Booth on a big pair with that preflop action (Booth limps AA, Gus raises 99, PA calls QJs, Traniello calls TT, Booth JUST CALLS).

Gus looks pretty bad on the flop. But would Traniello really bet out with a set with Booth, Hansen and PA behind him? He has to figure one of them will bet.

Booth could have a set, but he just as easily could have a straight draw or an eight given the action.

There was a lot of money in the pot, and Gus said he went with his read. Maybe a little too soon to go broke with an overpair of 99, but not a total spew, IMO.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:25 AM

brad booth is such a G. no need to limp re-raise w/ aa.. limp-call-win stacks!!

and did you see that hand w/ antonius.. i've never seen patrik look so confused in a hand b4 (tilly withheld obv)

<<<< ftw
Old 06-19-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Surprised at the lack of interest.

I thought it was probably the best PAD episode so far. Lots and lots of action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Except for the hand that you describe (which is the one hand that I was referring to in the first half of the show, as being good), I didn't see much action. In fact, if Brad Booth wasn't in the game (for added variety), I think I would have fallen asleep during the second half.

I still liked most of the table talk, but after seeing so many High Stakes Poker shows, I felt I've seen and heard this kind of stuff done much better there. If this were an actual HSP episode, how many hands do you think they would have included? At least two for sure, and perhaps a few others, but most likely only because the table talk made it interesting enough to include them or because they just needed filler.

Granted, there was a hand in the second half of the show, where Booth hit the flush on the river and Antonius was thinking of calling his fairly big bet, but I never really felt that he would call it. Although Patrick said he thought Booth was bluffing, he might have just said that to let Booth know, that if he tried a real bluff on a future hand, he just might call, so don't you dare try to bluff me (I seem to love run-on sentences).

If PAD was using the silly <font color="red">red</font> card gimmick that the WPT Celebrity games use, then that hand might have been more interesting. What if he called in Phil Ivey? Would Phil advise him to make the call? I bet he would. Only because I doubt he would let Booth see him suggest to Patrick that he fold his hand (remember that now classic High Stakes Poker Episode?...Booth bluffs huge and Ivey folds like a cheap suitcase).

Maybe you enjoyed the episode more, because you like these players more than I do? Maybe not. I did however, watch the episode again, because generally my first impressions are either too positive or too negative. I still stand by my first impression, although I might be pissed that Shana wore pants and changed back to the old hairstyle (she didn't look pregnant in this episode).

However, even the table talk was similar to what I've heard elsewhere (except for the exact prices of the homes etc.) on other shows. I'm also greatful that Daniel didn't talk any more about Tofu (I heard enough about it on HSP).

You see, I'm just spoiled. After a great previous week, I was hoping that PAD had started rigging the decks to evoke more exciting play.[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Obviously, this isn't the case. Too bad. Anyway, one dull episode does not make for a bad week, and at least you enjoyed it.

I'm also sure that all the Brad Booth fans loved this episode as well. I may be Canadian, but that doesn't mean everytime Booth throws stacks of money into the pot (like in the PAD opening tease for an upcoming episode) I freak out. It was great on HSP, but now, well... I'm just a spoiled poker brat. Maybe I'm related to Phil Hellmuth somehow? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Post deleted by Ryan Beal