Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: film: 3:10 to Yuma

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully Assasination of Jesse James will be much better...at the very least the directing will be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Early buzz is it's extremely boring and way too long.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully Assasination of Jesse James will be much better...at the very least the directing will be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Early buzz is it's extremely boring and way too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

The buzz is going two ways. People either hate it or love it.
I usually prefer that over everyone saying its pretty good.

I have friends who saw it that said it is a touch to long but awesome non the less. Course if you hate Terrance Malick type films you probably won't like it.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:44 PM

CDS,

Which scenes made him seem lame? Which scenes made no sense?
Old 09-09-2007, 12:23 AM

<font color="white">
Scene where he goes off and kills Indians then doesn't either a run away or B kill the guys taking him to be hanged.

Ben Foster rides thru town screaming "this town is gonna burn" shoots a couple of dudes then rides off.

Scene where he gets all emotional at Christian Bales confession and decides ya I'll run with you to the train so you'll feel better and maybe your kid will think your a cool dad.

Basically the entire end of the movie is retarded.

All 5 guys are up in the hotel...the bad guys(who have said they're going to kill everyone in the hotel room) are in plain sight about 10-20 feet away just like standing around and no one thinks...[censored] we could probable each take one out per person if we just shoot them now.

The bad guys don't simply stand outside each of the exits for the hotel.

The bad guys chase Crowe and Bale and shoot like crazy despite the fact they'll probably kill their boss.

Christian Bale gets Crowe on the train then despite the bad guys closing in and his son being nearby...turns his back to them so he can have a heart to heart talk with Crowe before being shot in the back.

Crowe decides to kill his entire posse and then get on the train. Ya..i know they tried to establish that like he realizes he's got some good in him after all, or he should pay for his sins blah blah blah...gay.

Crowe basically is both the dumbest and most lovable/kind and caring highway roberyman/cold blooded killer to ever exist in the Wild West.

there were countless more examples but I forget them.
Also the directing and cine was totally lacking for any style what so ever. Deadwood was shot better than this movie.

</font>
Old 09-09-2007, 12:42 AM

whole post in white (spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="white"> The bad guys chase Crowe and Bale and shoot like crazy despite the fact they'll probably kill their boss.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white"> that's not his gang shooting at Ben Wade. It's the townspeople trying to score their $200 </font>

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="white">

Crowe decides to kill his entire posse and then get on the train. Ya..i know they tried to establish that like he realizes he's got some good in him after all, or he should pay for his sins blah blah blah...gay. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white"> he gets on the train so that christian bale's wife will get the 1k. He whistles for the horse so he can hop out the window and escape. He kills his hang out of revenge for murdering Bale.

In general, I think the break between who Ben Wade is before the strangling/confession scene and after it is just too ridiculous. Overall, I still enjoyed the movie though.
</font>
Old 09-09-2007, 12:55 AM

ya its a watchable movie just like i said i thought its more a mindless action flick than it is a good western.

<font color="white"> once they are running post confession...its mainly the gang doing the shooting. Also...one might think they'd have a guy at the train station just in case but whatever. I know "why" Crowe kills his gang and then gets on the train but thought character wise it was incredibly dumb. They spent the whole movie setting up that Crowe is basically a good guy so guess i cant complain. If he really wanted to help he could just give the wife like 10,000 etc etc. </font>
Old 09-09-2007, 01:59 AM

I saw this and liked it a lot. Some really cheesy lines in the beginning, but other than that pretty damn good. Same ol' western themes, pretty much what I expected for a western made in 2007. I agree that Wade's number two was [censored] awesome. I thought it was believable enough, especially considering the last 10 seconds (for CDS/others).
Old 09-09-2007, 04:09 AM

<font color="white"> It's not that he had some huge change of heart pre and post confession... he liked and respected bale's character the whole time. They set up the entire thing, including his disdain for his crew as well. He doesn't just get on the train so his wife gets the money, he gets on the train so the son's image of his father is greater. </font>
Old 09-09-2007, 10:02 PM

Just saw it, mostly agree with CharlieDontSurf. It's not awful, but there are a ton of standard action/western movie cliches and the Crowe character wasn't very well developed, imo. Also didn't care much for the ending, which seemed like a weak compromise. Lots of great acting performances, though.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:13 PM

ending made no sense whatsoever.