Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Deep set

Why does villan raise in the flop with AAA? Because the flush draw? I don't think so... chr turn and call a shove
Old 07-30-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm folding preflop against a solid 18/17 this deep with sick reverse implied odds, oop, and a very transparent hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope you arent serious Nielsio.

[ QUOTE ]
Why does villan raise in the flop with AAA? Because the flush draw? I don't think so...

[/ QUOTE ]
Not raising with three aces in this spot in villians shoes would be pretty retarded.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:36 PM

I think those are pretty good reasons to explain why you slowed down. I'd also add:

5) He sees you as tag, and 18/17s don't usually go buckwild firing three barrels worth 150BB into a tag player without a very strong hand.

Reasons to get it in:

1) He's not raising your flop lead with QQ or 99, which means you have exactly two hands to be afraid of: AA and 66.

2) Bet/call, call on a board with a flush draw (and I guess some unlikely straight draws) isn't a standard line with a set (not that I dislike it). In other words, this looks like you've underrepped your hand and he probably doesn't think you're this strong.

3) It's BB vs SB, and a lot of players just do not give anyone credit in blind battles.

4) You have a set and everyone on 2+2 says to get it in always or you're a supernit who needs to read ssnl more! FISTPUMP

I still think you probably should get it in, but as I said, it's no fistpump situation. I think it's pretty close, though, and I don't mind you calling. I had a very similar situation once, and played it basically the same, called the river - villain had AAA vs my 666.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Results

He had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for top set and MHING.

Its not a brag post by any means, trying to post hands where I take lines that is not "standard" or is intresting in some other mean.

Together with the reasons I stated I also got a stomach/gut feeling from the flop and beyond that he had a higher set, still not sure if my play was "correct" though.

Comments on the hand is till welcome.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Results

Any more opinions on this hand? I am not saying I was right playing it this way just because I was over-setted. What I am more intresting in if I am off in my reasoning why I did how I did.

And also how taking lines like this affects the meta game etc. since passiveness mostly is nothing to aim for.