Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: 800k stuck in neteller, will legal representation help me?

Did pokerstars give you an option to get your funds any other method other then thru PS and to Neteller?

If not, could they have some culpablity and therefore some responsibility?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did pokerstars give you an option to get your funds any other method other then thru PS and to Neteller?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP could of had stars send a wire transfer directly into his bank account. Was he too cheap to pay the $25 fee....or did he not want to have a trail into his bank account? OP did take a risk in keeping his money offshore.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:14 PM

He wanted the Netpoints for those draws.............. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP could of had stars send a wire transfer directly into his bank account. Was he too cheap to pay the $25 fee....or did he not want to have a trail into his bank account? OP did take a risk in keeping his money offshore.

[/ QUOTE ]
I assume PS would send a check as they did after the Neteller collapse. I would probably have transferred the money in chunks and not had it all in one place. However, OP had no reason to expect what happened, and he needs to resolve the situation as it is currently.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:45 PM

For 800K I'd go to the Isle of Man, rent an apartment, and picket the Neteller offices every day until I got my money.

Actually, I'd do a lot more than that, but I'd never admit it on a public forum.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For 800K I'd go to the Isle of Man, rent an apartment, and picket the Neteller offices every day until I got my money.

Actually, I'd do a lot more than that, but I'd never admit it on a public forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do it for 50K. You supply the signs.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:49 PM

So has the DOJ ever stated anywhere that they have seized/frozen funds/accounts?

If they have not, then it should be very apparent to everyone that Neteller is quickly becoming an Enron.

I really don't see how the DOJ could legally freeze funds with Neteller.

I think the original poster has enough at risk that he should be making a visit in person to the DOJ and his elected officials. It may take pressure from them to the British government to get this resolved.

I sure hope everyone gets their $$.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:51 AM

There are just so many ways that the Neteller situation could play out. I suggest hiring an attorney and paying him/her to become familiar with the situation. It should not cost more than $3-$5k for an opinion, and you can decide the best course of action from there.

You should be prepared for all contingencies. An attorney who is familiar with your situation and who practices in debt collection/bankruptcy/federal seizure law, and who could act on short notice in case of something crazy like a civil forfeiture or criminal forfeiture of the funds from neteller seems like he would be a wise investment to protect $800,000 in limbo.

I am an attorney who formerly practiced in these areas, but my practice is now very small and I am not personally interested in a case like this.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:07 AM

I'm out $650.. unfortunately it was the last $650 I have in the world and was counting on it to pay rent. And here I thought I was being smart keeping it in neteller and not in a poker site. It doesnt make any sense to me that neteller would jack our money.. they aren't a gambling site!? I hope they resolve this quickly.. many of us are hurt badly by them stealing our money.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Canadian neteller acct

Easy to make and well worth it for $800K (if they let you move the money over, which I think they should as they offered (forced) me to move money to my Canadian account when I made mine. I think they charge 1% to change currencies, which for you is substantial, but an option..

I did it and I am a US citizen that only lived in Canada for 4 months.

Just go to canada get a Canadian phone number (or use a friends) and set up the account you can open a Canadian bank account at some Credit Unions (although I have yet to cash out to mine, but you could probably get a check sent to you) Doubt it will all take more then 2-3 weeks of your time. Just spend it skiing in whistler.