Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Firefly

I saw 2-3 episodes and were ok, but not great. Stumbled upon Serenity and loved it. Going back to series now.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive never been into sci-fi, but watched firefly because a friend recommended it.

[ QUOTE ]
I immediately loved all the characters and the story, and seeing it get cut off so abruptly knowing that it has no chance of ever coming back (it's been what, 5 years?) was depressing. I can't believe it diden't even make it through half a season.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much exactly how i felt. I watched the movie afterwards, and it was "good" since i wanted more firefly, but was pretty meh compared to the series.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but to be fair, I think the movie was the best it could have been all things considered.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. Everything about Mr. Universe was terrble. Without him, the movie's amazing, but he very much hurts my enjoyment of it.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:35 AM

The question I want to know is how many people found and loved Firefly then went back and actually gave Buffy a fair chance (say first 2 seasons) rather than dismissing it out of hand.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The question I want to know is how many people found and loved Firefly then went back and actually gave Buffy a fair chance (say first 2 seasons) rather than dismissing it out of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah this is a good question. I have recommended Firefly to quite a few people, all of whom loved it. Pretty much none of them have bothered with Buffy though which is a shame.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
SMG annoys me. Plus my sister likes it, so really, how can I? There's a law.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:51 AM

I loved Firefly but I've never seen a single episode of Buffy. Worth watching? Pretty similar mix of great characters and interesting plots?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I loved Firefly but I've never seen a single episode of Buffy. Worth watching? Pretty similar mix of great characters and interesting plots?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you loved firefly you will love buffy. Its got that same "fall in love with the characters" thing, and the writing is excellent. Season 1 is the worst season, its not bad, but lots of people have the hardest time with that season, once you hit season 2 tho, you will be hooked harder than a smackhead. Buffy is the best show that's ever been on TV.

Seems like maybe im kinda the opposite of everyone, I only gave firefly a chance because buffy was so amazing.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Buffy is the best show that's ever been on TV

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But reasons 2/3 were pretty entertaining. Too much mom in season 2 though, god i hate her.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going through season 1 now. Would have never started watching it if I hadn't seen Firefly.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:08 PM

Why does everyone give Season 3 so much love? I thought Season 2 was by far the best, which culminated with an awesome sword fight scene between Angel and Buffy.