Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Mystery Uncovered

[ QUOTE ]
If by "actual rake contributed" you mean that the rake/crop is taken from players who win pots (which I agree with) then I believe this (giving rakeback based on pots won) is a good idea as it punishes overly tight multi-tablers (and most online props are overly tight and multi-table).

[/ QUOTE ]

By rake contributed I mean your share of the rake when you left the hand. Fold wihtout putting money in you get nothing. Call $3 prelop in a 3 way pot get 1/3 of whatever the rake on a $9 pot is (assuming you fold to the flop action).
Old 12-13-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If by "actual rake contributed" you mean that the rake/crop is taken from players who win pots (which I agree with) then I believe this (giving rakeback based on pots won) is a good idea as it punishes overly tight multi-tablers (and most online props are overly tight and multi-table).

[/ QUOTE ]

By rake contributed I mean your share of the rake when you left the hand. Fold wihtout putting money in you get nothing. Call $3 prelop in a 3 way pot get 1/3 of whatever the rake on a $9 pot is (assuming you fold to the flop action).

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be best of all. Pay more for props who participate in pots, tending to help get loose passive games. Pay for people winning pots and you would tend to get loose but aggressive games.

Methods of paying online (or even eTable) props are worth a thread, but my guess it's already been done somewhere on these fifty plus forums. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 12-13-2006, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was sure that this was CP you were talking about Rick. As I read the story it confirmed everything I saw when I tried it out a while back and why I decided not to return. What should have given it away was the 35 cents per hand since there's no way this could be known for sure at a live table.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your second sentence above I'm not clear you are talking about the eRoom or CP. So I better ask before replying. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

CP.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be best of all. Pay more for props who participate in pots, tending to help get loose passive games. Pay for people winning pots and you would tend to get loose but aggressive games.

Methods of paying online (or even eTable) props are worth a thread, but my guess it's already been done somewhere on these fifty plus forums. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

After seeing most of the people playing at this mysterious card room, trying to explain Rake Rebate to this group would be next to impossible.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: The Mysterious Card Room Where No One Complains

[ QUOTE ]
- An extremely live player sits down on your table. He plays about an hour. Your game is six handed including the live player. The other game is five handed. He changes tables. Not one player at your table complains that the super live player changed from one short game to another (both tables are in plain view of each other and this isn't allowed in every club you have previouly played in).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? Before I read the entire thread, this room sounded like heaven. I'd like to point out that accommodating an extremely live player isn't the end of the world. In fact, it's good for poker. The same might be said for players who prefer shorthanded games. If these aren't must-move games (the wisdom of which is another thread), the live players should be allowed to sit where they please.

Maybe the VIP players were nits. If so, they must have had conflicting emotions: glad to see the last of the action player, but distressed at having to play shorthanded.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- An extremely live player sits down on your table. He plays about an hour. Your game is six handed including the live player. The other game is five handed. He changes tables. Not one player at your table complains that the super live player changed from one short game to another (both tables are in plain view of each other and this isn't allowed in every club you have previouly played in).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? Before I read the entire thread, this room sounded like heaven. I'd like to point out that accommodating an extremely live player isn't the end of the world. In fact, it's good for poker. The same might be said for players who prefer shorthanded games. If these aren't must-move games (the wisdom of which is another thread), the live players should be allowed to sit where they please.[

Maybe the VIP players were nits. If so, they must have had conflicting emotions: glad to see the last of the action player, but distressed at having to play shorthanded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that LA has drop, not rake. Drop is taken in full on any flop regardless of pot size. If no flop $1 is still taken. That means a five handed NL game with 1/2 blinds will see $3 (this includes jackpot and it might actually be $4 at six handed) go down the hole on some very small pots.

Online you can play very small blind NL short; they use a percentage rake with a cap. I've never seen low limit players B&M players in LA willing to play short on a continuous basis (i.e. if they do they play with the expectation that the game will fill).

The VIP Players don't complain because they are told not to as part of receiving 35 cents a hand.

~ Rick

PS That said, the eTable games are occasionally very good and you can book decent wins. But it won't grow unless they keep games at least eight handed.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That said, the eTable games are occasionally very good and you can book decent wins. But it won't grow unless they keep games at least eight handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The E-table games will grow much faster if they adjust the rake/drop to a lower level, especially on short tables.

My next road trip will be up to Hollywood Park to check the E-tables out. When is a good time to find several decent lowish limit NL games?

T
Old 12-14-2006, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The E-table games will grow much faster if they adjust the rake/drop to a lower level, especially on short tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are legal issues with doing so. Basically my understanding is that the city would view lowering the drop as stealing tax dollars. I am sure Rick or somebody has a better understanding of these issues than I do.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My next road trip will be up to Hollywood Park to check the E-tables out. When is a good time to find several decent lowish limit NL games? - T

[/ QUOTE ]

The too high drop issue was discussed in the original thread on eTables in this forum (I think I linked to it elsewhere in this thread).

Anyway, don't expect more than two or three games. I'd try to go Thursday thru Saturday, and keep in mind days can be good at Hollywood Park because of the horse racing.

Beware of situations described in the OP. You could literally be first up on the board for two full games and they often will start a third game with you pulling players from the full games. Let the floor know you won't go for that.

~ Rick
Old 12-14-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That said, the eTable games are occasionally very good and you can book decent wins. But it won't grow unless they keep games at least eight handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

My next road trip will be up to Hollywood Park to check the E-tables out. When is a good time to find several decent lowish limit NL games?

T

[/ QUOTE ]

HP Management will not allow two different drop schedules to happen. Not sure if it was a legal reason, or the management wanted indentical drops between live and electronic.