Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2006, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Why do people take drugs?

this thread smells like pussy.

you don't get jailtime for a little of any of the above, unless you have a bunch of priors.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:52 PM

Drugs like cocaine disrupt your mind's normal decision-making and motivational processes in some people. I remember reading a study that recorded the results of drug users playing some sort of simple gambling game. It showed that one subset of users would prefer a higher reward right now even if they had to pay more for it later. This group was more likely to become addicted compared to those who had rational decision making abilities.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:55 PM

your chances of getting caught while buying small amounts of drugs is so slim it isn't worth worrying about. its like worrying about dying in a car accident every time you get on the road.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:56 PM

i've never done anything other than weed, and i've smoked up less than 30 times in my life (over six years), maybe two dime-bags worth total... but I miss it every day.

it's really the only time i felt like i am completely alive, aware, and enjoying every second of my existence. i understand everything that goes on around me at a deeper level than anything ever before. it's funny really, because most people associate pot with being half-asleep.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've never done anything other than weed, and i've smoked up less than 30 times in my life (over six years), maybe two dime-bags worth total... but I miss it every day.

it's really the only time i felt like i am completely alive, aware, and enjoying every second of my existence. i understand everything that goes on around me at a deeper level than anything ever before. it's funny really, because most people associate pot with being half-asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you feel that great about weed, i would never take another drug ever except maybe children's tylenol. maybe.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:00 PM

e-x-p-e-r-i-e-n-c-e

duh
Old 04-13-2006, 06:03 PM

"If you want to get f'd up that badly, why not take shots of alcohol?"

Huh? Are you 11?
Old 04-13-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"why shouldnt i do drugs?"

"cause they are illegal!"

does anyone else find this retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably one of the most retarded things an American can every say. Breaking the law and standing up for your rights is the conerstone of our democracy and society.

Whoever doesnt do things because the government tells them not to are nothing more than sheep. Sheep are bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. We also almost all break the law very regularly, so we don't even have an internal consistency in sometimes pretending the law is sacrosanct. How many of us cross streets anywhere but on crosswalks and at the right time? How many speed going to work every day of their life? How many of us break some variations of nuisance laws like gambling on the internet, drinking and driving, etc.? Almost none of us has a slavish respect for the law. Yet it's pretty common to pretend to one, at our convenience.

Laws are written by men. And not always by the best of men, or the most well-intentioned. They're fallible. We know it. And most of us act accordingly here and there. It's a natural and even a sensible thing.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:09 PM

Matt,

I've never taken drugs either, but not because they are illegal. Addiction runs in my family, and I'd rather not take the chance. Besides, I'm not good at poker, so I can't afford them, anyway.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a moral question of whether one should take drugs or if they are bad for you. I really don't care about that.

But with all the laws involving drugs, why would a person risk it? Is it worth it? I've never used drugs in my life. It's not because I think they are bad for me. It's because I don't think the risk of being arrested is worth the high. If pot were legal, I would definately give it a try.

I've never understood this. Why would a perfectly normal member of society take coke/pot/X ect. knowing if you got caught, it can mean jailtime? If you want to get f'd up that badly, why not take shots of alcohol?

[/ QUOTE ]
Move to Canada. I have handed over large amounts of drugs to the cops and I walked free. They aren't interested in users, they are interested in dealers. And not the kid you bought dope from in high school, but serious product movers. I don't know how true this is in the US, but I'm certain it applies to some extent.