Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Anyone else play $1-$2 HORSE at FTP?

[ QUOTE ]
Ah, I see, literally sit out. What happens when you come back in? If you mis-time it are you having to post, or wait?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I was confused, too. AQ and big pairs aren't really premium O8 hands, though. The button stays on the table, so as long as you paid a blind how many ever hands ago you don't have to post even if you didn't play any of the stud games.

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-11-2007, 11:09 PM

The dealer button is frozen during the ante games, if that answers your question. So if new people sit down during the ante games they are treated as if they sat down during a hold em hand with the dealer button in the corresponding place.

So you can play ante games only and sit out for 20 hands for H and O without paying any additional fees.

A lot of people sit out in HORSE games, which is frustrating. Sorry, you shouldn't be allowed to sit out for HO and then play RSE IMO. That's not the point of mixed games. If everybody sits out the game stops yes.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The dealer button is frozen during the ante games, if that answers your question. So if new people sit down during the ante games they are treated as if they sat down during a hold em hand with the dealer button in the corresponding place.

So you can play ante games only and sit out for 20 hands for H and O without paying any additional fees.

A lot of people sit out in HORSE games, which is frustrating. Sorry, you shouldn't be allowed to sit out for HO and then play RSE IMO. That's not the point of mixed games. If everybody sits out the game stops yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I forgot to mention to not be a dick... Sometimes I'll leave after the razz rotation whether that was 40 hands I've played or 10, but I never just sit there sitting out. One time some jerk who was supposed to be the BB sat out for the last hand of O/8 so I had to pay the blind, then sat back in for the razz games.

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-11-2007, 11:20 PM

I speak english bad. It's my first language though. I meant big pairs, AQ in holdem, and AA23ds in O8. I'm not an O8 genius but I've played enough to know that a hand containing AQ is not automaticlly playable [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2007, 11:21 PM

I don't (yet) have an opinion about sitting out, but I do tend to ask myself, sometimes: would this make people want to punch me if I did it in a live game?
Old 11-11-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Right, I forgot to mention to not be a dick... Sometimes I'll leave after the razz rotation whether that was 40 hands I've played or 10, but I never just sit there sitting out. One time some jerk who was supposed to be the BB sat out for the last hand of O/8 so I had to pay the blind, then sat back in for the razz games.

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]
I do this always if I know I am not going to have time to play HO later :O
Old 11-11-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't (yet) have an opinion about sitting out, but I do tend to ask myself, sometimes: would this make people want to punch me if I did it in a live game?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer, is yes. Roggles don't make me come after you...

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-12-2007, 02:07 AM

If you say "Omaha" in any card-room in America, people will understand you to mean limit Omaha high-low with the Eight-or-Better qualifier. "Omaha" is generally understood to mean O/8 in any limit context. Limit, high-only Omaha is almost never played. Stars offers it, but there are zero money games going as I write this.

From what I understand, if you say "Omaha" in England, they will understand that to mean pot-limit Omaha, high-only.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:15 AM

Sitting out 40% of the time is just plain rude. What if everyone did it? What makes you so damned special? I mostly play live, and when there are too many players walking, folks start complaining, especially the live ones. Who is it you want to keep happy? Well, everybody in an ideal world, but especially the live ones.

Learn how to play LHE. It ain't that hard. Get Ed Miller's book and maybe a couple of others and get in there and gamble some. It's not a bad game, and that's where most of the money is going to be in the not-too-distant future. And yeah, bluffing can be pretty futile. The flip side of that is that you can value-bet people relentlessly.

O/8 is a pretty easy game when six people see the flop. You either have the nuts, a draw to the nuts, or garbage. Sometimes the current nuts ain't so great. With a lot of two- and three-way pots, you have to actually play poker, and I hemorrhage money for the most part.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:40 PM

Forgive me for more of my HORSE noobery but do you guys use PT for this? If so, do you have all 3 open at once? What a pain in the ass. On the plus side if I start playing HORSE there will be a HORSE and a Omaha HUD available relatively soon. And probably simulators for all HORSE games.