Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Greg Raymer shows his ass on national tv

As an NRA member I like the fact that I'm automatically a redneck racist because I own a shotgun. Self defense and the constitution are good reasons for gun ownership...but this is a poker forum....if I want to debate gun control there are better places for it.

The original poster took a faux pas (a rather serious one albeit) and completely misrepresented it's nature in a very derogatory manner. He is an embarrasment.

Greg should get his fact straight though before he addresses a serious topic like gun control...where passions run very high.

By the way Lennartz...I'm sure you are a product of our fantastic school systems but I didn't realize the Consititutional convention was held in 1677....

"but it is in the Constitution, well that has been made about 330 years ago..." [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's true but guns are invented to make it easier to kill people, the goal of poker is to win some money, not to kill people.

[/ QUOTE ]Saying "guns make it easier to kill people" is very similar to "the goal of poker is to take advantage of people's gambling addictions". It is very easy to focus on the negatives of both and ignore the positives. There are plenty of people who own guns and have never, nor will they ever, shot another human being. As for poker, there are plenty of people who play within their means and are not addicts.

The point is, painting another activity with broad strokes in a negative light because YOU don't like it is the whole reason we are having to fight for our right to play poker.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:42 PM

You oversensitive types are acting like Greg was giving a speech to Congress or something. He was engaging in table talk on a [censored] poker show, he doesn't need to "get his facts straight" before saying anything there.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:42 PM

The reason the public should be armed is being demonstrated in Iraq, it gives you a fighting chance for self determination.

Essentially, the American public is under the thumb of the Federal government, but the Iraqi population isn't. Think about it.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do u want a gun in your home? U think u are balla with gun in your house? I think it's pretty stupid to have a small arsenal of handguns at home. And than all you Rednecks say but it is in the Constitution, well that has been made about 330 years ago and it was a little bit more unsafe around those time. In most areas you don't need a handgun in your home, maybe in Bagdad it's safer with a Kalasjnikov next to youre door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come to Philly, we've had almost as many violent deaths as there have been in Iraq this year.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raymer is an uninformed idiot.
He said on PAD that the NRA only had a few hundred members but lots of money.
The NRA has millions of members and the only reason they have lots of money is because of us members.
Does he think that that money falls from the skys?
Just like all the gun grabing democrats that cry the nra is so powerfull cause they have so much money they always leave out the only reason is because so many members pony up $20 or more each year to make them that way.
The nra isn't some secret money machine it is by the people and for the people and has been around for over 100 years.
I like you Greg but get your facts straight before you run your mouth.
I the PPA could do the same thing we would be set.

oldcycles

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude Chillax. No ones going to take your guns away. Inhale... and exhale.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way Lennartz...I'm sure you are a product of our fantastic school systems but I didn't realize the Consititutional convention was held in 1677....

"but it is in the Constitution, well that has been made about 330 years ago..." [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LennartZ location says Amsterdam. I doubt he´s a product of the american school system, do you see why?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You oversensitive types are acting like Greg was giving a speech to Congress or something. He was engaging in table talk on a [censored] poker show, he doesn't need to "get his facts straight" before saying anything there.

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly. If you are going to have a show that encourages small talk, don't expect people to check every statement for factual integrity before they make it. I'm sure we've all gotten facts wrong from time to time when shooting the breeze.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:23 PM

Why are we debating the 2nd amendment with someone from Amsterdam who doesn't even know the century in which America became independent from Great Britain?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:26 PM

The NRA has been beat down? The second most powerful governmental lobby next to AARP? The lobbying group that some democratic consultants are calling "a new third rail?" The group that doesn't face any sort of reprisal when they say something completely stupid after a gun related tragedy?

I think they've won. It's not the mid-90's. We don't see those "Hey neat, your dad's gun, let's play cops and robbers, bang bang, BOOM...Jimmy?" commercials ever, if at all.

Playing the victim type is sooooooooo unbecoming.
Closed Thread