Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 02:43 AM

Default Re: alcohol forum gone?

El D,

If you really avoided the booze forum, you missed out on some very good threads.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:57 AM

RDH,

I'm sure I miss out on good threads in Sports, Politics, and many other forums every day.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:37 AM

Personally, I don't think the creation of a new forum(s) is a horrible idea, but not the right one, either.

If anything, I think it's too soon for a new forum. Any topic that could be found in a "Food and Drink" forum or a "Health and Fitness" forum could easily go into OOT or TLDR right now. These new forums would probably have no more of an impact on OOT than TLDR's creation did. However, in this case, I think it could have a potentially negative effect on TLDR -- unless TLDR is going to become strictly an A&E forum.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RDH,

I'm sure I miss out on good threads in Sports, Politics , and many other forums every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,
politics forum, constant political flaming, you are not missing much.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:40 PM

What's the TLDR forum? Doesn't seem to appear on my side bar. I had the same thing with the puzzle forum .
Old 07-19-2006, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the TLDR forum? Doesn't seem to appear on my side bar. I had the same thing with the puzzle forum .

[/ QUOTE ]

It's still "The Quiet Zone" on the left. It's been renamed, "The Lounge; Discussion & Review" aka tl;dr.

New forums take a little longer to appear on the sidebar, because that takes actual web programming and can't be done by just anyone.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:19 PM

Food/Alcohol forum supporters,

What is the motivation for creating a new forum here? Seems like for stuff where you want a lot of varied feedback (see threads I referenced above), OOT is the perfect place, and for things where detailed discussion is desired (ie: detailed recipes Q&A, etc.), TLDR is the perfect place.

As I said above, the Money Making forum is a good example of a forum where a number of threads are pretty dead or getting crappy feedback that might have been very good threads in OOT or TLDR. Perhaps food/drink will be an exception, but I think food/drink threads in OOT & TLDR would generally generate more participation than threads in a new forum, just by virtue of the number of people who will visit the respective forums.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:32 PM

My motivation for a food & drink forum is the very high signal/noise ratio in OOT for those subjects. For every f/d thread, there will be at least a dozen or so other threads. TLR would be fine, but it seems to be focused on A&E issues.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:45 PM

JP,

TLDR was created specifically for discussion of topics in more detail that would otherwise get lost in OOT.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:37 PM

El D,

People cook everyday. It's tough (or inconvenient) to search for specific food threads. A food/drink forum would make it very easy to find an assortment of recipes with little effort. I think people would contribute there much more than TLDR.