FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker AP Update Mods Thread

Here's a .zip package to black out the annoying AP jackpot ticker:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FCLEHCNE

Place the files in data\gameimage\pk
Old 08-28-2007, 09:05 PM

Dilz, i replaced the bg6.dat bg8.dat and bg9.dat and all seems to be working well...just curious about whether we ALSO need to replace the .dat files that are titled:
- bg8_one.dat
- bg9_one.dat
- bg9_pokerfacebook.dat

don't even really know what these are...just wondering whether they need to be replaced too...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:12 PM

all the files on the megaupload.com site I can't download...i get "page not found" errors...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:18 PM

First, yeah you will want to replace those other bg files if you want the modded background for HU and stud tables.

I don't know what the problem is with the links. Are you saying the links in this thread don't work? Or in the old thread? I guess I'll test them and find out soon enough.

teddy I'm assuming you tried to redownload from the links in the old thread. I've removed those because they're pretty much useless now. I don't have a single .zip package with everything included yet. You can just download the mods one at a time in this thread. I will probably make a package mod eventually, but I'm still working on card backs at the moment.

Edit: I don't know what the pokerfacebook file is. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:23 PM

I'm new to AP software, could someone please provide me a simple way to add a bunch of custom BG's for the new tables without deleting the default ones? I just want a big collection to use as I see fit, would I just create a new folder in the skins category or something?

Also, i tried to rename those first few table skins as top.dat, didnt work, still were jpegs even named top.dat and the client wouldnt open so i put the original back.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:34 PM

Well, the way to change backgrounds involves renaming the custom jpegs to .dat files and overwriting the originals.

Just make a copy of your data folder as backup and then you can overwrite the stock backgrounds however often you want. Save the backgrounds in this thread into a folder and switch them in and out. Racetrack tables are the bg*.dat files and the top down view table is top.dat.

The quarter view files are qt*.dat files.

Edit: Just read your edit. I think you must have made a misstep somewhere. Save the file to your desktop as a .jpg, then rename it to top.dat and paste it into the data folder. I just did it myself and it worked.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:42 PM

Maybe by default our systems handle images differently. Okay, I go to page one of this thread, I click save as on the table image, I enter top.dat and save. Now it's on my desktop, I drag it into the data folder but it's still read as a jpeg even if the file name is top.dat, for some reason the extension isnt converting, even if I delete the original top.dat this will turn the entire AP client black and prevent from opening. It never asks me to overwrite since the extension is still a Jpeg.

Is anyone else finding this?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:54 PM

Well I'm glad we're hashing this out in case others have trouble.

Are you saving the file as a .dat when you first download it from this thread? Because you don't want to do that. Save it to your desktop as a jpeg. Then rename it.

If you've done that and it hasn't helped, maybe you need to change the Windows settings to show all file extensions. I don't know how it works in the default windows settings with respect to changing file extensions by renaming.

The setting would be found by opening My Computer, clicking on the Tools menu and opening Folder Options.

There's a View tab that contains an option to Hide extensions for known file types. If it's checked, uncheck it.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 PM

Dilz,

Thanks! That worked, I just had file extensions hidden for some reason.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:16 PM

No problem. I think that the Windows default setting is to hide most extensions, which is pretty dumb.