Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Trip report: weekend play at the Wynn & Bellagio 15-30 games

The Wynn has pagers for people on waiting lists. Give them a $100 deposit and they'll give you a pager that works anywhere on the property (supposedly), and you get something like 20 minutes to claim your seat, but it's probably more liberal than that tbh.

You sound tilt-prone. You also come off as feeling like you're smarter than everyone else at the table because you notice a few things about their play. I'm not trying to be rude, just offering some constructive criticism. You played the majority of the hands you posted incorrectly. It also sounded like you were playing a bit beyond your bankroll? Or maybe it was just the tone with which you described your losses.

Also, at the Wynn, you can walk up to the cage and buy chips. It's not inconvenient, it's like ten seconds from anywhere in the room.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:29 PM

good trip report but sorry i get a kick out of how you people demean others at the table like you are some god of poker. it makes me laugh. todays generation watches the wpt on tv several times and think so thats how you play poker. trust me on this, if you continue to play LIMIT POKER like the way you described you will be a big loser. ever here of the term cold calling raises? well it seems like you do that a lot. guess what? in limit you can not make up all those little bets you so easily toss in because YOU KNOW YOU CAN OUTPLAY THEM AFTER THE FLOP. i have played limit hold'em since 1991 because in AC thats all there really was. I am a very good limit hold em player. a few years ago i was forced to learn no-limit and thanks to the internet I became a good player there. but limit has always been my bread and butter game. the poker rooms are filled with players like you who think they are gods gift to the poker world but sitting back are the players like us who just laugh and say thank you wpt and tv holecard cameras. just thank you very much.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:19 PM

hey facepull you dumbas-s its hear not here. im not beneath myself to make fun of myself!
Old 05-15-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there is this one absolutely drop dead gorgeous Asian girl at the table with a hot pink Full Tilt baseball cap and the larcenous soul of a viper.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the best trip reports I've read on here. So many great lines but that was by far the best.

Looking forward to more of the same.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For Sparta, mm hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This wasnt meta game, it was fiscal chicken with a Sherman tank. He got power raped, over and over. [censored] was wicked.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
there is this one absolutely drop dead gorgeous Asian girl at the table with a hot pink Full Tilt baseball cap and the larcenous soul of a viper.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you wrote a book, I'd wait in line to buy it. What a wonderful read. I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes. Fantastic trip report.

As an aside, I hear what TT is saying, but imo, trip reports are written to be enlightening and entertaining. Were OP's plays all stellar etc? No, but it made for a good read. Like others have said, we have strat forums for picking apart plays...so meh on the poker side of things.

Seriously, well done. When I get back from my 10 days in Vegas (June 1-10) I hope I can do 1/2 as well as you did, swope. Cheers!
Old 05-15-2007, 09:19 AM

"If you wrote a book, I'd wait in line to buy it"

Honestly I thought the exact same thing. I bet if OP took the time to actually sit down and do some creative writing it would be stellar. This trip report makes me excited for Vegas in June, as I play mid limit as well. NH !
Old 05-15-2007, 09:36 AM

Thanks for taking the time to write a trip report. It was an enjoyable read.

To everyone being critical of his play:

Relax. Do not discourage people from writing trip reports like this. These are the best part of this forum. I can buy a book if I want to read how to play ABC poker. I would much rather read this though.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:10 AM

I really enjoyed reading this trip report. You write very well and kept it all exciting. Thanks for posting it and I look forward to reading more the next time you go to Vegas.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:40 AM

Nice report. Don't play limit and don't know if you played well or bad. Don't care either. I like to hear about the types of player and room dynamics and you used specific hands to illustrate these well.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think for a moment, then fire a bet into the pot. She looks at me for a really, really long time. I ice her out. Im thinking dentists, of sea lions, of Van Goghs broken heart, then I imagine a pack of wolves sodomizing her in an abandoned parking lot. I accidently imagine her enjoying it and start to get a hardon so I begin thinking of sea lions again.

[/ QUOTE ]

That right there isn't getting enough [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] IMO.

Good read!