Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is more girly?
I do not garden or dress metro and think gardening is more girly 4 13.33%
I do not garden or dress metro and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 17 56.67%
I garden and think gardening is more girly 1 3.33%
I garden and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 3 10.00%
I dress metro and garden and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 0 0%
I dress metro and garden and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 0 0%
I do not garden or dress metro and think gardening is more girly 1 3.33%
I do not garden or dress metro and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2006, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Dick Vitale makes me vomit

I generally dislike all the over the top sportscasters, but I've always liked Vitale. He's never come across as a self-serving douche like a lot of the others. Seems like a really good guy. I think his enthusiasm is genuine and he's got the world's biggest boner for college basketball.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my mind Dick Vitale = Lee Corso. I don't like either of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is perfect. I too hate corso. Duke equals = slow, unathletic, soft, overrated, white. I dont understand how comparing this Duke team as better than UNC a couple years back negates the fact that Duke sucks this year. Duke has the ability to get good players, but Coach K is more obsessed with getting "Duke" guys, the next wojo, like paulus. It is starting to add up, and this team sucks.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

agreed w/ DMB, he makes any game seem 10x bigger than it really is. Also, the guys passion for college basketball is amazing and awesome at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

Or you can go the opposite route and have Billy Packer do commentary.
It's like he's trying to make the most exciting of March Madness games feel like a pre-season exhibition.

Then you go to Greg Gumbel and Clark Kellogg in the studio and I'm pretty sure it is required for each of them to take 3 sleeping-pills on game-days.

I've frequently said that one of the biggest injustices in sports-broadcasting is that Packer is the one doing the Final 4 (and all of March Madness) while the most passionate and well-known of all the college-basketball announcers is on the sidelines.

Damn CBS contract.
If ESPN/ABC could somehow get March Madness that would be so much better for an event that is already doing extremely well.
But I think the NCAA contract with CBS runs until about the 23rd century so I'm not expecting it to happen anytime soon.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is perfect. I too hate corso. Duke equals = slow, unathletic, soft, overrated, white. I dont understand how comparing this Duke team as better than UNC a couple years back negates the fact that Duke sucks this year. Duke has the ability to get good players, but Coach K is more obsessed with getting "Duke" guys, the next wojo, like paulus. It is starting to add up, and this team sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

sucks is a word thrown around pretty freely, by what standard does this year's duke basketball team suck?

They're ranked #10 and #11 in the polls and also are ranked #1, #2, and #10 in the different Sagarin ratings, so don't claim voter bias. So to say this year's Duke team sucks, you are saying that almost every team in college basketball sucks.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hate him. Despise duke, who has assembled a laughable team this year. A bunch of white guys that suck, McRoberts being #2 on my most hated and overrated list, and Paulus #1. I hate greg paulus, he is pathetic and vitale talks about him like he is good. Hoyas gonna dominate them on saturday (i hope).

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry we cant be the absolute best team every year....however we have the best program in the country....read it and weep

squeeked one out against IU tonight...the Dookies are a [censored] laugh this year

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2006, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that coach K is an idiot. Recruiting multiple Mcdonalds all americans every year is a sure fire way to put your program in the toilet.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:39 AM

I have met Dick Vitale and I think he's a good guy with a genuine enthusiasm for the game, but I hate, hate, HATE listening to him on a broadcast. He does not contribute anything to his 'analysis' and he makes my head hurt with all the yelling.

I also think he is partially responsible for a lot of the hatred for Duke basketball. Duke has been very good the last few years but consistently overrated, and this is partly because of Vitale. Duke has been a #1 seed the last, what, 7 years in a row? Pfffft.

I wish he would just shut up.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:27 AM

Every year in the past there are like 3-5 big white stiffs at the end of Coach Ks bench, all of whom are All-Americans. They never played in the past, but now these kids are playing. By the end of the year, Duke will either not be ranked, or be below #20, and if they get a seed higher than a 4 in the tourney, will lose first round.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Every year in the past there are like 3-5 big white stiffs at the end of Coach Ks bench, all of whom are All-Americans. They never played in the past, but now these kids are playing. By the end of the year, Duke will either not be ranked, or be below #20, and if they get a seed higher than a 4 in the tourney, will lose first round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, these kids are All-Americans but never played?

Impressive.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, these kids are All-Americans but never played?

Impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric Boateng resents being lumped in with all the aforementioned McDonald's all-American big white stiffs.

(He's black, and recently transferred to Arizona State, but otherwise fits the description perfectly.)