Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Why is it that i feel like im spewing when my vpip goes over 15?

[ QUOTE ]
Lets not drive Renton's post too off topic

[/ QUOTE ]To bring it back around, then- I think if you single table you can have a higher VPIP because you can spot more situations for exploitation and play them better than when you are multi tabling. However, this may be more true at micro limits more than the ones where Renton plays because they players he is against are less exploitable.

(this is my lame attempt to justify my hijack [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Sorry Renton)
Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Coordi when I played 25nl (recently) I remember you being around 14/7. Have you been opening up a lot lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have been card dead on the table(s). I play 17/10 right now, but Im moving up to the 19/12+ zone. I don't think there is anything wrong with a solid tag opening up a couple percent. If you mix up your play well, your opponents won't be able to pick up on it enough to do anything extra they could do against a 15/12 or whatever.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:13 AM

I am (was? lol) 15/10 mostly and also felt like spewing when getting my VP$IP over 15. I think if you do that then you have to do a lot more stealing pots from PFRs IP on the flop/turn when they either give up having missed or fear you have 2pr/better.

That is a tougher and higher variance play which also impedes multitabling as you have to sort out who it is EV+ against and who it isn't.

As an aside, if pot is $10 and villain cbets $7 into it then to make a credible raise, say $21, you are investing $21 to win a pot of $17. A pot sized raise of $31 invests $31 to win $17 and you have to do this not that rarely because you will miss with your SCs and you cannot raise only when you hit your 2pr/better. That's what makes it tough I think.

Or if you do minraises of cbets then it is better business of investing $14 to win $17 but then what good hands will you minraise as well?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:19 AM

My VPIP has been inching towards 15 lately and I'm extremely happy with it there.

I don't like cold-calling single opponents even when I do have position for a lot of reasons. Mostly, I feel it's much more +EV to be the aggressor in these situations.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well yeah i guess when i find myself at tables with more fish than regs then i get to about 18/10 but never higher than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny.

You're a 12/6 nit in my playbook.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:36 AM

Multitablers can and must miss a ton of opportunity. They rely on stats and the hud, and miss a lot about table-specific info. I play 1 or 2 tables when fullstacked, at 30+ (sometimes getting up to 60+). I can float into a ton of hands, and play people out if I hit (or if they're weak). I can spot the guy that overbets AK and AK only. I can witness a suckout and full-on tilt almost immediately and milk the tilter at the next opportunity. I can steam over the nits until the table closes, and I can bet back at the aggrodonks to apply the best levels of leverage specific to that aggrodonk. (and that includes minraises...). I can see the player who betsizes directly proportional to his hand, and the even bigger idiot that plays crap hard and monsters soft, and take advantage immediately.

my 2c.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well yeah i guess when i find myself at tables with more fish than regs then i get to about 18/10 but never higher than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny.

You're a 12/6 nit in my playbook.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe yah im just kidding im a accually 11/3. and when i see alot of bad players i losen up to 12/6 which would be why pokerboy has that stat on me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 12:26 PM

I find I get a lot more action when I run 18/10 than 15/7. It may just be the increasing number of maniac shortstacks these days though.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:45 PM

heres some stats, maybe rekindle the discussion a little bit.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well at 20/12 you are cold calling a ton

[/ QUOTE ]

could be a lot of overlimping, openlimping too

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but 12% is a pretty wide range to raise, which means you probably aren't overlimping and openlimping too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a big assumption to make.