Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: WSOP FINAL TABLE 2007

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The final table was a freakin donkfest and The only pro (LW) got sucked into the donkfest by going all in with Ace rag preflop against a donk call with a higher ace rag? The only good thing out of this final table, it will encourage more donk plays in tourney's now, by fish that watch this when it comes out on ESPN, and think the plays made at this final table are they way you win. LOL, I can't believe that Lee and Scotty thought they could bluff their tournament lives against these donks and not get called. Farha, Gus , any pro would of laid down against Lee and Scotty in those situations, but not these donks. Come one guys , you cant bluff these donkeys off any hand, especially when they hold ace rag pre flop, or post flop bottom pair, ever!! I figured Scotty and Lee would of know this, apparently not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much my stance on the final after watching every hand. The play was just so ridonkulous. This is by far, BY FAR, and I have watched 5 live now, worst ME final table in that time span. You would think donks can only make it so far through a 6,300+ field, but obviously not. Just mind boggling how bad the play was.

Having said that, Yang deserved to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you start with probably 4500 donks in the field they will eliminate each other and there has to be a few of them left with all of the chips.

As the long as the fields continue to be this large the chances of a very good player winning the main event will continue to be extremely low.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The final table was a freakin donkfest and The only pro (LW) got sucked into the donkfest by going all in with Ace rag preflop against a donk call with a higher ace rag? The only good thing out of this final table, it will encourage more donk plays in tourney's now, by fish that watch this when it comes out on ESPN, and think the plays made at this final table are they way you win. LOL, I can't believe that Lee and Scotty thought they could bluff their tournament lives against these donks and not get called. Farha, Gus , any pro would of laid down against Lee and Scotty in those situations, but not these donks. Come one guys , you cant bluff these donkeys off any hand, especially when they hold ace rag pre flop, or post flop bottom pair, ever!! I figured Scotty and Lee would of know this, apparently not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much my stance on the final after watching every hand. The play was just so ridonkulous. This is by far, BY FAR, and I have watched 5 live now, worst ME final table in that time span. You would think donks can only make it so far through a 6,300+ field, but obviously not. Just mind boggling how bad the play was.

Having said that, Yang deserved to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you start with probably 4500 donks in the field they will eliminate each other and there has to be a few of them left with all of the chips.

As the long as the fields continue to be this large the chances of a very good player winning the main event will continue to be extremely low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, but maybe just a couple could squeek through.. No? I would have said LW and Hilm were going to be quality players, but to see how they went broke was ridiculous. Kravchenko was the only player worth a [censored].
Old 07-18-2007, 11:24 PM

About Lee Watkinson, later in his interview he said he was not surprised that Yang called with A9. So, knowing this before he pushes with A7... WTF? He's a 55/45 underdog to Yang's calling range assuming he calls with any broadway, any A4+, any PP. That push was donktastic.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:26 PM

What was the raise from Yang when Watkinson pushed? 1mil, so he was going to pick up 1.5mil in the pot and have about 11.5 instead of 10 if Yang folds?