Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Neighbor dings door, my move? (Second ding, fixed parking spaces).

Old 07-16-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3) Taking it like a bitch...do you really think the cops care about this? Hell, my gf's truck got busted into a few months ago and almost stolen and the cop basically said there is nothing they can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cops knew who broke into your gf's truck and didn't do anything? If not, your situation is nothing like this one.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Your exactly the type of [censored] that opens car doors and lets them bash into the car parked beside you. If you dont care about your care, fine. But at least respect other peoples property.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, horrible read. I'm always very very careful about this. If my door ever has to touch another car, I'll set it gently against the car and try not to jam it. This includes me putting my giant fking hockey bag into, and out of my backseat a couple times a week.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3) Taking it like a bitch...do you really think the cops care about this? Hell, my gf's truck got busted into a few months ago and almost stolen and the cop basically said there is nothing they can do. Cops have better things to do than settle petty disputes between overzealous car owners and their normal neighbors. If he's that sensitive about his new toy, he could also take steps to protect it. I seriously like the idea of a thick tarp with the words "My carport neighbor is a huge [censored]" spraypainted on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize the police have better things to do, when my older Miata was broken into (the top was slashed) and the cops were basically like, sorry.. have a good day.

For all of those who care, here are pictures of the damage and offending SUV.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:59 PM

OP,

Maybe you can get the insurance estimator to declare the car totaled so you can ditch the Miata and get something less emasculating.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:11 PM

Dr. Moreau, if your parking spot neighbor is a jack*ss with common sense/d-baggery and a penchant for saving $$$, he or she will probably deny hitting your door with their door. This type of stuff is hard to prove, without taking samples of paint and sending it to the CSI/State Farm lab, or witnessing it first hand. Having your g/f write that stuff on the windshield isn't helping.
In the future, the answer is simple.
Go to your nearest H*m* D*pot, L*we's, and purchase Liquid Nails.
Fill the crack of the driver side doors with said Liquid Nails(lots of Liquid Nails), let it air dry overnight.
If your parking spot neighbor is not Barry Bonds or possesses average strength, they'll struggle with opening their driver side door. Enjoy.

Or do what Daryn suggested and get a cover.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:24 PM

I think writing that "[censored] off" note is only an appropriate action when you are under 18 years old.

Do what everyone else (with intelligence) said to do, take pictures of your car, the scratch, other guys car, the mark on his door (which you didn't include in this thread), get an estimate, take it to the landlord, ask him who parks in spot XXX, take it to that guy. Seems simple.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:25 PM

Send him a subtle message

Old 07-16-2007, 01:39 PM

First, let me state that my initial reply was a little harsh, but I really felt that your recommendation to the OP to let it go is the wrong move.

[ QUOTE ]

1) Horrible read...considering I've never played an instrument other than
guitar or drums in my life. So I don't know who that Stradivarius guy is, but he sounds like a doosh.

2) I don't think I drive a POS car, but it's no Z28 so that must mean I pee sitting down, which brings me to your third comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

The read is irrelevant. I was making an analogy. The point is that OP has a possession he cares about, and fairly expensive damage was done to his car.

[ QUOTE ]

3) Taking it like a bitch...do you really think the cops care about this? Hell, my gf's truck got busted into a few months ago and almost stolen and the cop basically said there is nothing they can do. Cops have better things to do than settle petty disputes between overzealous car owners and their normal neighbors. If he's that sensitive about his new toy, he could also take steps to protect it. I seriously like the idea of a thick tarp with the words "My carport neighbor is a huge [censored]" spraypainted on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it had to be taken to the cops, but you seem to believe that there is some huge hassle involved in dealing with this. The truth of the world is that a LOT can be resolved if people can just stand up for themselves and directly communicate rather than being passive aggressive.

There's even a fair chance that the owner of the SUV has kids who slammed the door into OP's car, and they aren't aware of it.

I see no reason why any person should have to be put out $1000 when there is a perfectly reasonable approach to handling the situation.

At what point do you draw the line prohornblower? It's ok if it's just a ding? Just a gash? Just a shattered window? Just a few slashed tires? At what point does the inconvenience no longer bother you that you'd go after the person? $1000 is definitely enough for me.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:31 PM

Sounds like you and your girlfriend are a perfect match.