Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: PAGING RIGHT-WINGERS: ANOTHER EXPLANATION NEEDED

Glen Beck is a complete and utter moron. That is all.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Some unfounded accusations please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, can't help you on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Used them all up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, don't use them at all.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:53 PM

Over/under on the time that it takes me to find something stupid a prominent liberal said and make a post asking all liberals to explain? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blame the Sierra Club... they are the ones who dont want the dry brush removed.... the stars are likely donating mucho dollars to support those whackies at Sierra, all to put their own homes at risk.

[/ QUOTE ]
Link

[ QUOTE ]
The Sierra Club strongly supports prescribed burns as a way to restore fire's natural role to the forest. Sierra Club supports fuel reduction projects near homes and communities. For a decade the Sierra Club has been urging the Forest Service to do more prescribed burning, reduce flammable brush near communities and we've been asking Congress to devote more money to do the job right. The Forest Service should stop pushing for commercial logging and put more resources towards protecting lives and communities.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! Is this a recent change of heart by them or am I confusing them w/ the other leftwing groups that don't understand forestry management?

My father is a forester, so I grew up learning about this stuff. And prescribed burns work.
For years conservation groups have fought against prescribed burns. Ostensibly due to some mice an lizards getting killed, but usually because controlled burns go along w/ other forms of responsible forestry like logging.
That the Sierra Club would say something regarding forestry that is sensible and works boggles the mind.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:22 PM

Elliot,

to answer the question you are begging in the OP.

The quote is very unclear and obviously grabbed out of context during one of Becks rambling diatribes. I make no apologies for Mr. Beck in general. BUT

I am sure that the main point of Beck and others is that you and the people who live in a wildfire zone are OWED nothing from the rest of us when your house burns down. That is not to say we wont help you or that you do not deserve help. Simply that to REQUIRE us to help you is evil to the core.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Over/under on the time that it takes me to find something stupid a prominent liberal said and make a post asking all liberals to explain? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

15 seconds to find the statement, 1 min for the post. Would the number of liberal posts with silly explanations be less than, more than or the same as the silly convervative posts here and in the Limbaugh thread? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Agreed....

[ QUOTE ]
'Transcript per mediamatters.org'
stopped reading here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Media matters was partially started by Hillary Clinton and it is a political arm of the Clinton Crime family.

Media matters is notorius for misquoted and quoting out of context to make Repubs look bad. Theoretically media matters is a non partisan group but strangely they only attack Repubs....and occasionally a political enemy of Hillary Clinton.

People tout David Brock as a former conservative. Maybe he was be a true conservative who is secure in his beliefs would not make such a turn around. I suspect Brock's conversion has much to do with him being a gay man that is upset with the Repub party's stance against gay marriage....

I think he is a dishonest man with a dishonest political agenda...
Old 10-23-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Agreed....

How crazy are you going to go when Hillary becomes your president? I really can't wait. It should be delicious.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How crazy are you going to go when Hillary becomes your president? I really can't wait. It should be delicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as crazy as you right now because Bush is in power. It's delicious.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont count your chickens before they vote illegally.