Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Vaccination tyranny continued.

vhawk01-

[ QUOTE ]
Some percentage of kids are going to get extremely ill and possibly suffer lifelong impairments or disabilities, and some even smaller percentage will die, because of these vaccinations that you think should be mandatory. Keep that in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

i realize that there are risks. Theres a risk of getting in an accident and dying on the way to school, but your kid still has to go. Theres a risk of getting hit by lightning on a sunny day. The "risk" of vaccination does not affect this argument because the risk of non-vaccinations is obviously more dangerous.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:57 AM

VHawk,

Their decisions, even though there is an explicit choice made and freedom exercised, have large externalities. More than linear costs, if the disease spreads virally.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:10 PM

Hey Nate, should I be free to fill my front yard with raw sewage?
Old 11-23-2007, 01:21 PM

so what was life like before the polio vac? didn't a good number more people suffer pre than post vac. pretty sure...

and isn't that true for chic and the rest as well?
Old 11-23-2007, 01:34 PM

Old 11-23-2007, 02:14 PM

The OP should have the parental choice on whether to vaccinate or not.

Chicken pox has become an interesting problem. Before the vaccine, most everyone was infected at an early age and survived it with lifelong immunity. Now, we have a vaccine that we *think* provides the same immunity, but frankly, no one really knows. Also, if you don't vaccinate, it is very unlikely that your child can come in contact with the disease naturally and get the immunity that we all have now. If said child catches the disease later in life the course can be much worse and more complicated.

In any event, the government should have nothing to do with it. And, of course, Ron Paul will fix it.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vhawk01-

[ QUOTE ]
Some percentage of kids are going to get extremely ill and possibly suffer lifelong impairments or disabilities, and some even smaller percentage will die, because of these vaccinations that you think should be mandatory. Keep that in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

i realize that there are risks. Theres a risk of getting in an accident and dying on the way to school, but your kid still has to go. Theres a risk of getting hit by lightning on a sunny day. The "risk" of vaccination does not affect this argument because the risk of non-vaccinations is obviously more dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, your kid should not have to go to school, and you do not know for sure that the risks of a chicken pox vaccine outweigh the benefits - it's too new.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP- do you believe that you should be required to feed, clothe and not abuse your child?

We, as a society, have set a level of care for our children. Immunizations are part of this standard. If you are foolish enough to not immunize your kid, your child doesn't deserve to suffer because of your ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ike, you *do* realize don't you that our current government does not take away kids for lack of vaccinations. We're only talking about how the govt + school-system + overzealous judge has put the poor into that position while others are not.

Do you really believe the government should take away someone's kids for lack of a chicken-pox vaccination?

Wow. I'm amazed at the alacrity with which many of you embrace tyranny. I'm losing hope for this country.

natedogg
Old 11-23-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Nate, should I be free to fill my front yard with raw sewage?

[/ QUOTE ]

?????????

natedogg
Old 11-23-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what was life like before the polio vac? didn't a good number more people suffer pre than post vac. pretty sure...

and isn't that true for chic and the rest as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably. So what? Nobody is arguing that the chicken pox vaccine should be outlawed.