Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Re: NL50 on pokerstars now with sound

Ah you meant preflop. Sry that was unclear to me; my bad!
Good video indeed! Just finished it...
Old 09-19-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: NL50 on pokerstars now with sound

Ok, better late than never, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
AQs at 14 min: Why valuebet more? do you think weak aces are going to call a bet that big on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he'll call often enough to make it more profitable. You probably know this, but I think its important to state it anyway. Its crucial to not only consider how often he will call, but how often he will call in relation to the bet. Even if he folds quite alot more often when you bet $25, it may be more profitable since you bet bigger.

[ QUOTE ]
A6o at 13 min: Yeah probably goot to fold this PF, I just started completing with Ax hands think I am going to stop doing this. As played I don't like folding to minraises that's why I called and hoped to improve my hand on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sharagoz pretty much nailed my thinking here, except preflop. I still don't like completing here. It is a horrible hand to play OOP.

Regarding the hand you posted. Yeah, I am more likely to bet here.

[ QUOTE ]
Q5s at 20 min: I don't I raise it up with a very wide range against someone who's posting dead money. If he was a limper instead of posting his dead blind I would have folded it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, didn't realize it was posted. I like it more, but I still think its borderline. Give me a tad bit better hand and I am all for raising.

[ QUOTE ]
A5s at 23 min: yeah probably to passive doing this but I do this because I feel like playing this hand but don't feel like raising it from MP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean. I think the table conditions on that table may warrant a raise, though. You have at least one tight player behind you, so you will often steal the button and gain initiative. On an unknown table, I toss this since you would hate to be up against a raise, which will quite frequently happen. The only time I limp this hand, is if I am up against a lot of loose passive type players.

[ QUOTE ]
99 at 32 min: I don't like re-raising this PF because I prob have to get it all in against this guy. Don't think he's folding any hand that he raises with from UTG here.
Why do you lead flop here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you are probably right about preflop. His range of hands is probably too small. I lead this flop for protection and initiative, mostly for initiative since he will often protect it for you. However, I struggle with these hands for the moment and I am not sure which is best. By betting you will gain initiative and you have a wider range of choice on the turn and you have more information about his hand. On the other hand, you probably loose some value if he folds flop and doesn't 2-barrel often. IMO, these kind of hands could easily add another BB to your winrate, but is never discussed on these boards. Maybe a small pot-thread?

[ QUOTE ]
77 at 38 min: On that board, I c-bet this all day long.
I never c-bet in situations like this in a 3way pot leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Neither player seems very loose and the board is very dry. I think this is a very easy c-bet.

Dumle