Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Greg, I would say 10-15 buyins would be fair, but that's just a rough estimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

what happens if the guy blows all the 10 buyins?

[ QUOTE ]

if makeup is agreed to, the staker doesnt have to stake anymore if he doesnt want to, but he can force the stakee to keep playing if he wants him to.

[/ QUOTE ]

boostedj,
so basically, OP can bankroll this guy for 5/10 and force him to keep playing until he wins 60 buyins there to cover the original stake?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point gregnice, these terms weren't clear I don't think. You could certainly make an argument to play 5/10 or 10/20 to cover the original stake. This would seem fairly reasonable.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:25 PM

btw TWP,
all this confusion pretty much sums up my first reply in the thread.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:26 PM

Who was the player you loaned to?

How old are u? Seriously though, why would u ever loan that much to a stranger?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Makeup doesn't mean he pays back the money. It means he keeps playing until the loss is made up or until the backer ends the deal. That's obviously where the confusion is coming from.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:33 PM

By the way, this deal was with boosted, which is why he is vehemently defending his own position.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems as if I was purposely midled in this regard. First he tells me that his money is coming in. Then I am suprised that he would give up 50% of his profits to me and I ask him what's in it for me, and he misleads me more with talk about other people bothering him. It seems to me that at this time he was already aware that I didn't know what "make up" meant and thought I was getting my money back no matter what.

And after I send him 30k more he goes and plays 3-6x higher than he was playing a little bit before? It just seems like I'm getting incredibly fcked here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I would say the villain is most def trying to take advantage, esp when hes playing 75/150 B4 youve seen or heard a word from him about youre money.

He's SO OBV trying to chase losses here. If the Stakee is allowed to pretty much play any buy-in games at his own discretion with no regard/repercussions for losing, the deal is def weighted way to in favor of him. This, along with the misleading convo, leads me to believe that this deal was pretty much a scam by the unkown in an attempt to make up losses. When it doesnt work out and he loses, then he has his out to not have to pay, pretty F'ed up.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:34 PM

I think it's becoming more clear what is going on now.

Technically, according to the agreement of makeup, Yoguh must either continue to back his stake until the loss is made up or forfeit that opportunity and be stuck with the 60k loss (or what is lost during "makeup"). It's quite clear that he was not aware how "makeup" works, and now he is finding out that to win back the money he lost during the staking he must put up more money that he can potentially lose.

Under those terms of this agreement, OP is not owed a dime. It might seem wrong or that he was mislead, but in any event he didn't know exactly what he was getting himself into and it's going to cost him here, I think. Tough break, OP.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems as if I was purposely midled in this regard. First he tells me that his money is coming in. Then I am suprised that he would give up 50% of his profits to me and I ask him what's in it for me, and he misleads me more with talk about other people bothering him. It seems to me that at this time he was already aware that I didn't know what "make up" meant and thought I was getting my money back no matter what.

And after I send him 30k more he goes and plays 3-6x higher than he was playing a little bit before? It just seems like I'm getting incredibly fcked here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I would say the villain is most def trying to take advantage, esp when hes playing 75/150 B4 youve seen or heard a word from him about youre money.

He's SO OBV trying to chase losses here. If the Stakee is allowed to pretty much play any buy-in games at his own discretion with no regard/repercussions for losing, the deal is def weighted way to in favor of him. This, along with the misleading convo, leads me to believe that this deal was pretty much a scam by the unkown in an attempt to make up losses. When it doesnt work out and he loses, then he has his out to not have to pay, pretty F'ed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

the staker was watching the stakee play the 75/150 games, which he actually won 400xbbs< at
Old 05-18-2007, 06:38 PM

i think most people had a hunch it was boostedJ after his first response

there is certainly something fishy by the stakee for him to go play 75/150 on the extra 30k stake. that kind of BR management shows complete disregard for the money staked

since no terms were defined re: the "make up option", well, i dunno. glad im not in either position
Old 05-18-2007, 06:39 PM

I don't know OP hardly at all aside from his brief stint as a pro/guest pro for Cardrunners, but there are definitely people in his shoes who would "pretend" that they didn't know what they got themselves into to try and get their money back or make the other person look bad. I'm not saying that's the case here at all, just something to keep in mind ..
Closed Thread