Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-12-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: what do you think when a female gets moved to your table?

Photoc, I was speaking to the posters in general who made a general reference to the idea that women generally suck.

Your statement was spot on that chips are chips...no issue with that!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:21 AM

I saw multiple replies to my post is what got me going. I was like, wtf did I say, lol.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:24 AM

No worries...funny thing is that I was going to reference your post as the only sane thing stated thus far..

After all my philosophy is that "my chips are my chips and your chips are your chips" lol
Old 09-12-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

After all my philosophy is that "my chips are my chips and your chips are soon to be my chips" lol

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-12-2007, 09:59 AM

I view women sitting at the table as I would any other opponent.

Then again I do not belong to the He-man woman haters club.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:22 AM

I believe that the average female player who plays poker as her main source of income is better than the average male player who plays poker as his main source of income. This refers to their tournament games, the only aspect of their games upon which I feel qualified to render an opinion.

I understand all of the semantic arguments that can be made about what it means to be one's main source of income, but I believe everyone knows what I mean. I also understand survivorship bias and all of that, but that is outside the scope of this anaysis.

I believe that this is not close, not by a long shot.

I also believe that this does not actually answer the question posed by the op (woohoo i said "op"), so I imagine this is a partial hijack for which I am sorry.
sheets
Old 09-12-2007, 11:53 AM

Look, when it all comes down to it, the average male is better than the average female ( edit to add: at poker). If you were given the choice of 10% of the next 20 tourneys played by one of two players, and all you got were the names and they were John Doe and Jane Doe, you should pick John Doe.

People hate stereotypes, but sometimes they are reliable. Same as if you came upon a basketball game between 5 white guys and 5 black guys. Given no other information, you are a liar or a retard if you would bet on the white guys.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what do you think when a female gets moved to your table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think, "it's about time they filled that empty seat, now I have another player I can bust"

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do you know it's not? Have you all of the statistics for every tournament being held at all times in all poker rooms through out the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

how many women have won wpt main events? shouldn't there be about one per 20 tournaments, by your argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, but how long have a more that just a few (IE: 2 or 3) women been playing in WSOP ME's? How many years did the WSOPME run before the FIRST woman played in one?

BTW, women have made it to the final table, Barb Enright made it to 5th place in a WSOP ME.

Plus, I'm talking over all statistics for ALL tournaments, period.

In the WSOP ME, does anyone know this year, what percentage of the field were women? I think it was even less than 5 percent, but I'm not sure on that fact.

Also, how many of those women, have been playing longer than a few years?

In addition, you didn't answer my question. Do you have all the statistics for all the tournaments in the whole wide world, to back up your claim that women are not winning tournaments (as much as you think they should be winning them)?

[/ QUOTE ]

when your arguement comes down to arguing that a person does not have the raw statistical data to back up their claim, yet you provide no evidence of your own, then you probably are presenting a fairly weak arguement.

This is not about trying to claim woman are broadly inferior to men. Personally I am just trying to reconcile the oft-stated concept of "im glad they (men) think I (woman) am bad at poker, it gives me an advantage" with the fact that women seem to win so few major events.. Oh no we are giving them an edge, I hope one of them doesn't get 14th place again... it just doesn't make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

then again, someone saying just because that there are not an even amount of women winning tournaments as men do, that it MUST be because all women suck, that doesn't make sense either, now does it?