Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Requesting to see mucked cards at showdown?

[ QUOTE ]
Online, you get to see everything at showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true at a lot of sites. Doyle's room and WSEX come to mind. There are others as well. Not at the table and not in the HH.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Requesting to see mucked cards at showdown?

The solution that I have used at my local B&M is to protect my cards from the dealer and ask the rule abuser if he is accusing me of colluding. That usually does it. If he insists on continuing, I ask the dealer to call the floor, to recount all of the action to the floor, and I will show the floor my cards. If, at that point, the floor agrees that collusion may have been occurring, I would be subject to whatever sanctions the floor feels is appropriate.

I have only been in this situation twice since I thought of this solution and neither time has the requestor been willing to wait for the floor to come over to look at my hand. Since most floors are reasonable, I am pretty sure that I would fare just fine if he or she did come over to peek at my hole cards, but that part of the technique is still untested.