Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: $2200 HU turbo SNG full tilt

lol... can we get some other higher limit players to comment on this? Camel if your ever around, BCM, cwar, whoever else reads this forum and has enough experience at higher stakes. Also, to dentist... the point is, that on the flop you are going to get a ton of action from a loose player with hands that you are beating... i.e. forcing him to draw unprofitably... +EV for you, and although he did fire the turn again, sure, you made some extra chips out of it, but it seems like your no longer protecting your hand against draws here, it might as well be a total bluff since ONE and only ONE of all the possible calling hands he has you are beating, I feel that you should take a less conservative line here when your obviously getting the best of a loose player, and let him put his money in on a range you are obviously way ahead of...
Old 08-28-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol... can we get some other higher limit players to comment on this? Camel if your ever around, BCM, cwar, whoever else reads this forum and has enough experience at higher stakes. Also, to dentist... the point is, that on the flop you are going to get a ton of action from a loose player with hands that you are beating... i.e. forcing him to draw unprofitably... +EV for you, and although he did fire the turn again, sure, you made some extra chips out of it, but it seems like your no longer protecting your hand against draws here, it might as well be a total bluff since ONE and only ONE of all the possible calling hands he has you are beating, I feel that you should take a less conservative line here when your obviously getting the best of a loose player, and let him put his money in on a range you are obviously way ahead of...

[/ QUOTE ]

i completely understand what u are saying, and i'm not saying its wrong either, i know raising here is perfectly fine, i am just justifying taking a line like the one i took..and he is loose aggressive, but not retarded, i think a bluff or a semi-bluff from him are much more likely here and im happy to call the flop and make a decision on the turn, no not everytime, but i dont see how my play is so -EV
Old 08-28-2007, 05:54 PM

haha, well were you asking if it was -EV or if it was maximum EV, I understand its not WRONG to do what you did, and you'll make chips because of his tendencies to bluff... but you allow him to play it perfectly, he has no option but to fold his weaker hand, or call you with a better one, plain and simple, so I am saying you did NOT get maximum EV out of this hand, if all you wanted was confirmation that it wasnt -EV, then yes... you are correct [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 06:23 PM

i think there are some things people are confusing. there are a couple ways of looking at this.

one is your range of hands versus his range of hands. this is the stuff you can poker stove.

on the other hand, you can also look at your probable actions versus his probable actions. viewing it this way, it doesn't matter as much what he has as what he is planning to do

and lastly, you can look at his probable actions with his range versus your probable actions with your range. this type of analysis is tough and dependent on . . .

if a scare card hits, say a J, T or spade, how often will you call a turn? how often will he fire the river as a bluff? how often will you call the river?

if a nonscare card hits on the turn, how often will he fire?

i really don't agree with how you played the hand unless he has very different frequencies for bluffing the turn as for bluffing the river (also for calling the flop as for calling the turn).

why? because you slowplayed the turn figuring you could get a bet out of him if he missed.

if you call the turn, he has about a psb left. he's not hitting the river significantly more than he hit the turn, so if you thought it was profitable to slowplay the flop then you should have just called the turn, slowplaying there as well
Old 08-28-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha, well were you asking if it was -EV or if it was maximum EV, I understand its not WRONG to do what you did, and you'll make chips because of his tendencies to bluff... but you allow him to play it perfectly, he has no option but to fold his weaker hand, or call you with a better one, plain and simple, so I am saying you did NOT get maximum EV out of this hand, if all you wanted was confirmation that it wasnt -EV, then yes... you are correct [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends on his range to decide on whether i got maximum EV out of this hand..not on instantly assuming that he is on a draw
Old 08-28-2007, 10:31 PM

my hand vs his range regardless of what i do is +EV, but the decision i make on the flop and turn can change that
Old 08-28-2007, 10:34 PM

i slowplayed the flop to greatly increase my equity vs a combo draw that would be shoving the flop, when the turn misses, i can now get it all in vs many very strong drawing hands that he calls, as u can see by ryans equity calculations vs his range i am only 57-43 on the flop, i wanted to peel a turn to greatly increase that because i feel my edge is greater than that
Old 08-28-2007, 10:36 PM

how if i raise the flop, he is not shoving anything that is worse than 60-40, and im not gonna take that the second hand of a heads up vs. a very weak opponent
Old 08-29-2007, 01:45 AM

60-40 in a 2200? ummm, isn't that wayyyyyyyyyy higher than any ROI or winrate you'll achieve at those limits? shouldnt you be taking that in a heartbeat at anything over the 550s, where a 5% ROI is VERY substantial... (i.e. the camel, stevesbets, etc.) all have about 4-5% ROI I believe (HU turbos)
Old 08-29-2007, 01:53 AM

Uh, 60% winrate is more than 5% ROI unless I'm retarded.

And a 60-40 should be taken at every level including the 6s. If you pass up on them you're an idiot, period.

(Not directed at anybody in particular)