FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 4/2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise the min buy-in at NL tables, tx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would absulutley love this.. Have some of the tables require a min of 50% buy in. That would be awesome... Hit an runners are an epidemic at FTP...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? The moment they run another fish seats down.
You're playing online with a B&M mentality.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more money the better at the table... + I hate getting horrible implied odds. I think more times then not the action slows down with too many shortstacks at table.

People IMO seem to tighten up when a "bingo player sits"....
Old 04-03-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the min buy-in at NL tables, tx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilting at windmills but I enthusiastically second this.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:23 AM

Lag is unbearable and now the biggest issue to me. I don't understand why PC specs are important on a simple 2d game of online poker. It should run lightning fast like it does on other sites (Stars etc) so long as you have a machine built in this century.

XP w/SP2
Intel P3 Processor
1.0 GHz
512 MB Ram

I don't use PAHUD. PT and MSN (which I will try closing now) are the only other programs running. I had no significant lag issues 12 tabling before this update.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:29 AM

I think the complete lack of urgency with which the core problems (lag, security, connection issues) have been addressed is just appalling. You guys are losing so much business with every second that these problems remain untouched.

If it weren't for rakeback...goodbye FTP.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
k i have to complain a bit, everytime its ur action (check, fold, or raise) the table steals focus. It doesnt sound like a big deal, but it practically makes it impossible to write notes about the other players. Its extremely frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you keep typing your note it will be there... It will record everything you type. At least for me it does.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
k i have to complain a bit, everytime its ur action (check, fold, or raise) the table steals focus. It doesnt sound like a big deal, but it practically makes it impossible to write notes about the other players. Its extremely frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you keep typing your note it will be there... It will record everything you type. At least for me it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you start typing your note and the table breaks. Then the table is gone, your half written note is gone, and (unless something has changed) the hand isn't in your hand history file.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:30 PM

Lag starts at about 4 tables, and once I have 8 open its bad to the point where I can barely play. It's slightly better without PA running, but there is still alot of lag. Way more then FullTilt alone should cause.
64-bit AMD Athlon
2.5GHz
1G RAM
Windows XP
Old 04-02-2007, 06:46 PM

I for one love the new resizable tables.

more bonuses would also kick ass. In fact i would be able to uninstall my pokerstars and bodog programs if you had monthly bonuses.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The table may pop up, but the actual focus is still on the last table you clicked on. So if you're in the middle of writing a note, and a table pops up waiting for action, you can keep on typing. That's one thing that bugs me about Stars and why I'm apprehensive of playing there. (The new table taking the focus..unless they changed that since the last time I fooled with it.)
Old 04-02-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be really helpful if when you post about crashes or performance issues if you could also post some basic system specs (OS, CPU, RAM, other relevant programs running at the time, etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dell Laptop - Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Pentium 4 CPU 2.40 GHz
512 MB RAM

I do not run PAHUD

Since the update, FT software starts out using 10-15% of resources. After a short period of time (playing 4 or 5 tables) the percentage increases to 80% plus. Once this happens, the software starts to lag, with each action taking several seconds. This has cost me several pots when I was unable to act in time with the best hand.

Last night the software completely locked up my computer (100% usage) and I was forced to do a hard boot. The only software I had running at the time was FT.

I finished my bonus last night. Other than qualifying for the Iron Man, I will be playing at Stars until this is resolved.

SF