Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Re: line for bottom set on monotone board

i really hate the pf raise here btw - why in the world are you setting up to play a big pot here? you're prob neutral EV against the fish and if fish calls, your TAG friend will stick around as well.

i was saying against a 21/7 type that this turn is somewhat scary, as he's probably not calling much that we beat. honestly on an AQ3 flop if this guy is so 'aggro', he is raising with a flush here a good portion of the time since this flop nailed your range.

c/c turn, c/f river is a super weak tight line - if you have a read you have a read, but don't ever expect any board on 2p2 to go along with plays like this. we're not you and we can't try to be.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL youre putting him on 22? im done.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, im just giving him the widest range thats bad for cc here.

regardless, its far more reasonable than all the clowns putting him axo. ya, tag limps and calls with a7o. or aq. pls. hell, i gotta yell at everyone to even think of a range here. most are like lolololomgwtfldo2p2aggnlposter we gotta set arrrrrinnnnnnn bbbbbbbbbb

and the rest saying he will just call 3 streets with an obv weak ace. thats pretty likely too. i see that all the time. tag overlimps and calls down with weak top pair. standard.

all i know is i got a feeling im gonna enjoy this nl thing.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:24 AM

"honestly on an AQ3 flop if this guy is so 'aggro', he is raising with a flush here a good portion of the time since this flop nailed your hand as well as his."

i have no idea how he plays postflop. all i know is he is aggro preflop.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, i ALMOST wanna issue a hu challenge cause youre being so absurd about taking any advice on this hand. and now youre just being randomly elitist for no reason.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:28 AM

FWIW I hate the pre-flop, and not betting either the flop or turn looks like obvious missed value. You'd need a very reliable read to justify otherwise IMO.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:32 AM

victor:

sounds like you will love NL, given that with your tremendous hand reading ability you want to fold bottom set because a player called two streets. every no limit poster around is saying get it AI because people are donkeys and they play bad. the standard play is to bet, raise, and 'call because you can't raise any more'. no one is going to go along with your super good read here, and while there's a very good chance you lost, it's difficult to play the hand any better.

sounds like you will contract a nice case of FPS playing no-limit. can't wait for the results of this hand!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:40 AM

damn, triumph, you almost agreed at first, now even you are turning against me. oh well.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, i ALMOST wanna issue a hu challenge cause youre being so absurd about taking any advice on this hand. and now youre just being randomly elitist for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill play you hu i dont care, ive never even played nl hu.

was mebbe a little out of line but this thread is forumtilting the hell out of me. analysis so far is: we have a set and villain obv sucks and is stacking off with top pair weak kicker.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:50 AM

free thurs+ this week, ill pm you.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:21 AM

going by this post: "most commenting on raising are nl players. in nl, with top trips, best kicker getting it allin on a non scary board is super standard. they equate a hand with allin strength in nl, as a hand thats worth raising and reraising in limit. they dont realize that in limit to raise a big street, with defined hands, you need to be ahead at least 67% of the time.

they lack fundamental poker understanding. they lack the ability to analyze situations that are unfamiliar to them bc, rather than thinking they play by simple "rules." they dont recognize pertinent information and they dont process it when its thrown in their face. like when a 1/2 player puts in a ton of action here its a set, kq, or qj 99% of the time and we arent even ahead. throw in aa and kk and we have 67.4% equity so its baaaaarely a raise.

in general, they suck at poker and thats why its so easy for a limit player to crush nl like i do."

and this: "all i know is i got a feeling im gonna enjoy this nl thing"

i get the feeling you've just been running hot.