View Poll Results: $80k-$100k
0-20% 2 11.76%
20-40% 4 23.53%
40-60% 8 47.06%
60-80% 2 11.76%
80-100% 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Should this trade be allowed or vetoed as collusion?

[ QUOTE ]
God damn you can't read at all, can you? Try rule 3 again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do understand what a collusive action means right? That means the owners agree to try to benefit one team. Not that one owner agrees to a trade that everyone else thinks only benefit one team. Rule 3 does not encompass an unbalanced trade.. it encompasses a collusive one.

Main Entry:
colˇluˇsion Listen to the pronunciation of collusion
Pronunciation:
\kə-ˈlü-zhən\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin collusion-, collusio, from colludere
Date:
14th century

: secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose

You are being a real jerk here. You come and ask advice.. everyone disagrees with you.. and you get personal about things. I'm sorry you don't like the trade but there is no grounds for veto at all.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you already knew, just [censored] veto it and stfu. If you want our opinion, it's quite clear: your rule is ridiculous because nobody can really KNOW a trade won't benefit a team, especially when it is in a case like this where it's pretty close. The guy seems to be trying to make a trade to improve his team, it seems fine to me (and what's to stop him from doing the trade and pikcing up Jeff Garcia anyway?)
Old 10-22-2007, 11:43 PM

OP,

Why did you bother asking this here? You're going to do what you want, anyway. It's pretty obvious that you just wanted a bunch of people to validate your opinon. It didn't happen and now you're being a dick.

Just go tell your buddies "It's my way or the highway" and be the guy who can never find anyone to join another fantasy football league because he's a control freak.

*edit* Also, as far as rule 3 goes, your reading comprehension sucks.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe you've played fantasy football for any amount of time and get worked up over a trade like this. Is it perfect? No of course not, but to suggest that this should be vetoed as collusion is really stupid.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:44 PM

This trade is fine get over it.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. No owner will engage in any action that might be deemed to be collusive (two or more owners agreeing to make moves that benefit one team, but not the other).

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

For the few people who've offered constructive opinions on both sides, sorry, but there are just too many opinionated retards who can't read to try to get a gauge of intelligent opinion here, which was the point of the thread. Sorry.

Of course I consider the trade to be against the rules, and I already cast a veto vote. I wanted people *who could read the rules and apply them* to give their opinions, but of course 80% of the thread is just geniuses who can't read and "know how it should be done in fantasy football" based on divine inspiration or something.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This trade is fine get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. No owner will engage in any action that might be deemed to be collusive (two or more owners agreeing to make moves that benefit one team, but not the other).

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

For the few people who've offered constructive opinions on both sides, sorry, but there are just too many opinionated retards who can't read to try to get a gauge of intelligent opinion here, which was the point of the thread. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really aren't wanting to veto it because it MIGHT be collusive are you?

OP, 100% honest question -- Do you think this trade involves collusion (cheating, reread my definition if you have to)?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:52 PM

I believe this trade, in any identical league with different players, is against the rules because of its lopsidedness. I also believe that in this instance it is flat out collusion, but I certainly wouldn't be asking you guys for help determining *that*, since you don't know either person or the way the league has played out.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 PM

I LOL at threads like this where the OP asks a question, then everyone tells OP the answer and OP is like WTF you're all wrong.

Why ask the question when you already made up your mind? Get out of your convoluted fantasy world that your brain lives in.