Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

[ QUOTE ]
If all you want to do is get laid, then PUA stuff will help you, both in success rate and in willingness to endure churn.

If you want to have successful relationships most of the gimmicks and categories and techniques are worse than useless, but the self-image stuff about you, the guy, has some merit.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Either way, I said this in another thread once: PUAs are experts at picking up rape, incest, and abuse victims.

[/ QUOTE ]

These aren't true at all; it's whatever you want it to be.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i read about half of it. Anyone beat that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually made it through the entire thing.

this should end up being a rather lol thread.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are hundreds of available women whom you probably come into contact with on a daily basis. Why not just look into some PUA stuff and work on being able to approach these total strangers with confidence? You don't have to "run patterns" or "neg" or use "kino" or anything else you think is lame or unethical or gimmicky. There are different schools of thought in the PUA community, and they don't all involve hypnotizing a weak, slutty woman into banging you on the first night (actually, none of them that I know of really involve this, but it's a common misconception).

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. In fact, how about learning to just walk up and say Hi. If there's anything you "learn" by studying PUA, its that women are people too, it turns out that anyone can have a conversation, and to try, try, try again.

Ray
Old 08-08-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think i read about half of it. Anyone beat that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it, but I wouldn't say I understood it. Anacardo, you need to realize that when writing, simplicity is better. This isn't some deep philosophical dissertation you're writing, this is a message board post about picking up chicks that is meant to be read quickly by others and then discussed. Know your audience and your subject matter, and then converse in a orderly and logical manner. If you think about it, that's really what these PUA are really doing, they know their audience and tailor what they say to appeal to them. I'm willing to bet that you do the same thing in real life, talking and acting as if you're smarter and more intelligent than everyone else and if people don't get you, that's their loss. That's good to a point, but if you steadfastly refuse to change this, I don't see how you can act this way while simultaneous complaining that you've never had a real relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude this is just a huge thoughtblob that I wanted to get out and have people start chopping it to pieces as quickly as possible. I freely and cheerfully admit this.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:08 PM

Cardo,

"If PUA was, as one poster described it, merely about becoming a funny, unique, interesting person who commands attention, pushes boundaries and stands out, then I respectfully suggest that I should be teaching these courses."

I suspect that how people perceive you is quite different than how you perceive yourself.

Here's one PUA site I was just shown recently:
http://realsocialdynamics.com/
http://www.becometransformed.com/

Skimming their material, one section (Hoobie) popped out to me:

--
“I don’t really like all these openers that everybody seems to be using because they’re so played, so I just see a girl and say whatever comes into my head…”

Apparently Hoobie is a guy who for some reason or other simply doesn’t see his so-called limitations.

Hoobie’s outlook, when you ask him, is “With everyone else trying to put limitations on you, why would you decide to put them on yourself??”
--

Sure, you can find many parts that seem insincere or manufactured, and maybe that's not for you. But some consistent themes across everything I've read on this topic are:

-get rid of negative, defeatist attitudes
-don't be afraid of rejection
-be more confident about yourself

For the vast majority of guys, just thinking positively and actually talking to people they are interested in would make a huge difference in their success with women.

I see this stuff in many ways as not all that different from working out and being in good shape. When I do that, I look better, feel better about myself, and am more confident in my interactions with women, and all of that is reflected in the results. Is that me being insincere? No, I'm just trying to maximize my potential and increase my chances of getting what I want.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

This isn't about me. I don't want this thread to be about me and my [censored]. I'm just using myself as a representative example of one of two basic perspectives on a debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigger sigh. I was joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not have noticed but I was replying to MaxPower.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

Can anyone write some cliff notes? Was there even any content?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:12 PM

how much "pua stuff" have you actually read? Which ones?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude this is just a huge thoughtblob that I wanted to get out and have people start chopping it to pieces as quickly as possible. I freely and cheerfully admit this.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a glutton for punishment.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone write some cliff notes?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure.

- Cardo looked at a part of life, in this case relationships with girls.
- Then he unconsciously (or semi-consciously) applied these to what he saw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_distortion

That's about it.