Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: A Sad Anniversary

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where the hell do you get off saying..... "these worthless students"?

Opinions are like arseholes.....Everyone has one....

...and your picture is in the dictionary next to the listing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone who initiates and participates in violence against innocent national guard members, local businesses and members of the public is a pretty worthless human being.

Why is everyone getting up in arms about the shooting, and no one gives a crap about the violence of these students?

I'd like to hear some decent arguments that this was a deliberate act to quell the protests, because the objective evidence doesn't seem to support that case. And if it was truly an accident, then the students are much to blame for the four deaths as the government. I daresay more so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Responding to you is a complete waste of time.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where the hell do you get off saying..... "these worthless students"?

Opinions are like arseholes.....Everyone has one....

...and your picture is in the dictionary next to the listing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone who initiates and participates in violence against innocent national guard members, local businesses and members of the public is a pretty worthless human being.

Why is everyone getting up in arms about the shooting, and no one gives a crap about the violence of these students?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. which students? Are you suggesting that the studnets that were shot are 100% the students who were rampaging? Or are you suggesting that the actions of some members of a particular group open the entire group up to violent reprisal?

Two white men killed my friend, so I'm going out to kill the first two white people I see! Why is everyone up and arms about this, and no one gives a crap about the violence of these white people!?!?

The white people are to blame for me shooting them, since white people started the violence!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:10 PM

Personal attack deleted
Old 05-04-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're the one calling people names.

Look, it's pretty simple. The OP suggests that some students were peacefully demonstrating the war, then the government deliberately fired randomly into the crowd. This is total [censored].

I'm quite certain that this incident was an accident. The evidence is referenced by others above and in the wiki link. With that in mind, these students chose to escalate violence to the point where ordinary civilians were scared for their lives and property. When this happens, innocent bystanders often get hurt, including national guardsmen brought in to protect the public, and the people who caused this situation and persisted in the violence get a large part of the blame. BTW, I understand that two of the students shot were innocent. Please learn to read.

Now if you think this was a government conspiracy to shoot students and stop the protests, as is strongly suggested in the OP, then let's hear your case, because from I've seen the evidence doesn't come close to supporting that assertion.

I have nothing further to say on this topic. Enjoy seeing the world with blinkers on.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A link in this context is a tacit endorsement of the accuracy of the information. Wiki by its very nature is unreliable and subject to inaccuracies and bias. If your intent was as is stated in your follow up try suggesting search terms in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

...responding to you is a waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

reading your posts is a waste fo time, doesnt seemed to have stopped either of us.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:33 PM

I'm surprised the ACers aren't agreeing with you here Phil. Most of them seem to hold property destruction as the moral equivalent of killing other humans - I don't. In fact I would claim the reverse, that if an unjust war is taking place where people are being murdered by a state it is immoral NOT to take actions that you believe have the possibility of bringing about an end to that war (the debate over where to draw a specific line as to what those actions are is another debate entirely, which would also be interesting to have, but it certainly doesn't stop at marching around in a federally approved free speech zone with a little sign that says "Bring them home now")

--

So I'm protesting. Illegally blocking a public street. The cops come and tell move to move. I say [censored] off. They start shooting tear gas canisters at me. I throw the tear gas canisters back at them. They kill me. That's morally justifiable police action in your world? Come on, you have a history of thoughtful posts that don't apologize for the atrocities of governments or corporations, why are you defending the military here?

--

I suppose the recent police state head bashings that took place in LA this week were justified as well because there were some reports of rock and bottle throwing?
Old 05-04-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now if you think this was a government conspiracy to shoot students and stop the protests, as is strongly suggested in the OP, then let's hear your case, because from I've seen the evidence doesn't come close to supporting that assertion.

I have nothing further to say on this topic. Enjoy seeing the world with blinkers on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an amazing piece of work......

Where did either OP or myself even suggest (nevermind state) that the shootings were a 'government conspiracy'?
Old 05-04-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A link in this context is a tacit endorsement of the accuracy of the information. Wiki by its very nature is unreliable and subject to inaccuracies and bias. If your intent was as is stated in your follow up try suggesting search terms in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

...responding to you is a waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

reading your posts is a waste fo time, doesnt seemed to have stopped either of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I woould opine that that is because we both have a certain amount of time to choose to 'waste'.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised the ACers aren't agreeing with you here Phil. Most of them seem to hold property destruction as the moral equivalent of killing other humans - I don't. In fact I would claim the reverse, that if an unjust war is taking place where people are being murdered by a state it is immoral NOT to take actions that you believe have the possibility of bringing about an end to that war (the debate over where to draw a specific line as to what those actions are is another debate entirely, which would also be interesting to have, but it certainly doesn't stop at marching around in a federally approved free speech zone with a little sign that says "Bring them home now")

--

So I'm protesting. Illegally blocking a public street. The cops come and tell move to move. I say [censored] off. They start shooting tear gas canisters at me. I throw the tear gas canisters back at them. They kill me. That's morally justifiable police action in your world? Come on, you have a history of thoughtful posts that don't apologize for the atrocities of governments or corporations, why are you defending the military here?

--

I suppose the recent police state head bashings that took place in LA this week were justified as well because there were some reports of rock and bottle throwing?

[/ QUOTE ]

your reply is to me post but youre addressing Phil, so I assume its to him.

My comments are that the parking situation is a strawman, no one said or implied that such force would be reasonable in the absence of a physcial threat either to the police or citizens.

On the LA situation, I doubt that any of us have sufficient facts to judge yet.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised the ACers aren't agreeing with you here Phil. Most of them seem to hold property destruction as the moral equivalent of killing other humans . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ridiculous insulting bull [censored] like this that keeps reminding people that you don't know what "AC" is or what "ACers" believe and don't believe. Thanks for the reminder.

Nice insult and anti-AC hijack all rolled up in one shoddy post.