Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Re: PokerStars Sunday Million

[ QUOTE ]
If I had a $10k bankroll and was comfortable beating my normal tournaments I would take the shot. FT'ing it would put a whole new perspective on your 'roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, if you dont take any chance "your whole life becomes a [censored] grind."
Old 10-19-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think that tournaments with 5000+ entrants are pretty much crap-shoots.

[/ QUOTE ]

So wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't someone put the math at a good player having an expectation to make the final table 1/500 times in a field that size?

The reason the best players keep making these final tables is because they are good AND they play every single tournament known to man above $100 buyin every single day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Gildwulf. I figured I would be better off using the T$ for say about 6 33.00 tournaments... I wanted to make sure I made the right decision, so I posted here. I am still a bit unsure of what to do.

I do suppose that it would be smarter for me to attempt winning a small-stake satellite for this tournament every week possible. I believe I should either make up my mind to continuously play this tournament, or break up the tournament dollars.

Thank you everyone for your opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use the T$ on tournaments you would ordinarily play, not to gamble, don't treat them as any different than you would real money.

Also, gildwulf, the reason good players play these tournaments so frequently is because they are profitable, and the reason they are profitable is because they go deep in these tournaments well more than their share, and final table way more than the average player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but the best players also reach the long run a lot faster than a casual player, which was my point...they are crapshoots on an individual basis for a guy looking to enter 1 tourney for $215.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:03 PM

If I weren't a lazy bastard, I'd dig up Rizen's post on his blog after he won the Sunday Mill. In it he does some quick math to prove how lucky he was.

...or was it Adanthar? Hmm...