Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Stars response on a chronic staller, with no reason to stall.

[ QUOTE ]
I've had the same argument with support in the past. I've come to accept that it's their policy. However, that doesn't mean that they are right. It is clearly a breach of etiquette and Pokerstars should realize that stallers not only affect players' chances but also their enjoyment.

I don't agree with those that say it's not a rule so live with it. It's a problem and PS in the past has been very good about adapting to customers' suggestions. I suggest everyone who would like to see a change in policy email support with a link to this post.

[/ QUOTE ]
On a serious note, I think this is right on, especially the bolded part. I can't understand how anyone can seriously argue otherwise. Obviously Ryan was a bit steamed which I can certainly understand after some ass only let him play half the hands he could have in a $1k tourney.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:35 PM

For those that find emailing a chore, here's what I just sent to PS. Copy and paste and let's get this changed. It's far and away my #1 beef.

////////////////////////////////

I would appreciate it if you would forward this to the appropriate person(s).

The link below addresses the problem of having a staller on a tournament table. While some stalling can be accepted, players that abuse the time bank function should be penalized. They not only affect other players' chances in the tourney, but also ruin the enjoyment aspect for many of the players. I ask that PS review their current policy concerning these players.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...D=#Post11629785

Thanks for your attention,
Old 08-11-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I stopped reading this after about 4 lines

[/ QUOTE ]
So basically you're just posting here to jerk off, not because you're interested in debate.

[ QUOTE ]
[...] but I can assure you that you'd be singing a different tune if it was your thousand bucks getting pissed away.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just because you don't understand the basis of rules and how they're applied to regulate our game doesn't mean everybody else has the same deficit.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe posting his name is standard. He needs to be outed for his douchebaggery.

[/ QUOTE ]
So now you're the police, the jury and the executioner all in one. Maybe you need to back off and stop abusing this board for your own private vengeance projects.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-11-2007, 05:56 PM

Breaking news: arxigos got the seat.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:59 PM

I consider myself an ethical person, but stalling in satellites is something I always do if I think it improves my chances of winning. For example if it's the bubble and the the blinds are about to go up, I stall so that they go up before they hit a short stack. If someone can explain how this is unethical, I'd be willing to listen, but "It annoys me and I'm a Supernova so [censored] off if you disagree with me" isn't going to cut it. I wouldn't randomly stall if we were nowhere near the bubble, but whatever, it's his money, his decision.

Good post McMelchior.

Even if stalling were unethical, I think outing the guy's name and asking people to go out of their way to eliminate him is way worse. Like times infinity.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I consider myself an ethical person, but stalling in satellites is something I always do if I think it improves my chances of winning. For example if it's the bubble and the the blinds are about to go up, I stall so that they go up before they hit a short stack. If someone can explain how this is unethical, I'd be willing to listen, but "It annoys me and I'm a Supernova so [censored] off if you disagree with me" isn't going to cut it. I wouldn't randomly stall if we were nowhere near the bubble, but whatever, it's his money, his decision.

Good post McMelchior.

Even if stalling were unethical, I think outing the guy's name and asking people to go out of their way to eliminate him is way worse. Like times infinity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Billy - there's a big difference between stalling for a strategic purpose - like on the bubble - and stalling every hand, right from the beginning...
Old 08-11-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Good post McMelchior.

[/ QUOTE ]
Reading comprehension FTW.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Billy - there's a big difference between stalling for a strategic purpose - like on the bubble - and stalling every hand, right from the beginning...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that matters though. If you're going to allow people to stall for strategic purposes then you can't expect support arbitrarily to differentiate between which purposes are "valid" and which ones are not.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:26 PM

There should be a rule change of some kind here. I don't know what the answer is, but behavior like stalling is bad for the game.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reading comprehension FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you disagree that Ryan was encouraging other players to go out of their way to eliminate this player? If I were the other player and I read this thread, I'd be the one complaining to support.