Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Pledging a fraternity (Long)

[ QUOTE ]
The most fun thing you'll never wanna do again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, sack up and say you believe in God. Who cares. If there's no God, who's going to give a sh.it that you lied?

Fraternities are great if you take them for what they are. Doesn't have to be anything you don't want it to be. I love mine, all my best friends are in it, and it was a great decision to join. But I know plenty of guys who are athletes, other groups, whatever, and hang out with those kids more. Doesn't make the frat worthless to them.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, sack up and say you believe in God. Who cares. If there's no God, who's going to give a sh.it that you lied?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. lolololol.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The most fun thing you'll never wanna do again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, I have to remember that I lied about my beliefs for the entire duration of being in the fraternity.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm, I have to remember that I lied about my beliefs for the entire duration of being in the fraternity.

[/ QUOTE ]
No you don't. In fact, considering about how adamant you are that you don't believe in God on an internet message board, I'm about 95% certain that everyone in your life (especially your fraternity) already knows you're an atheist. I have a feeling you like to share that info. So there will be no confusion.

Kappa Sig is the same way as Sigma Chi, some bs Christian traditions. I have a bunch of jews and even a muslim in my pledge class. No one gives a s.hit. The jews aren't less jewish for momentarily - and only verbally, not in spirit - professing belief in a Christian God.

Seriously, you're a freshman in college. Idealism is great, but take a step back and decide if you're really standing for anything at all, or just being stubborn and, to quote your president, "dumb."
Old 03-19-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet that almost all of the older frats are founded on Christian ideals. So was our country.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Propagandaments
Old 03-19-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this says a lot right here. wild guess, but you're probably pretty annoying. lighten up, nobody gives a flying [censored] what your beliefs are but you and its not like you're going to hell for saying a little white lie to fit in and not make a big deal over nothing, which you've already done.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this says a lot right here. wild guess, but you're probably pretty annoying. lighten up, nobody gives a flying [censored] what your beliefs are but you and its not like you're going to hell for saying a little white lie to fit in and not make a big deal over nothing, which you've already done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, missing the point entirely, rules!
Old 04-01-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one gives a s.hit. The jews aren't less jewish for momentarily - and only verbally, not in spirit - professing belief in a Christian God.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. "Only verbally, not in spirit". You are a master at lying to yourself.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only downside of being in a fraternity is having to pledge

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so far from the truth. I thoroughly enjoyed pledging and nearly every one of my brothers say pledging is the best and most fun part of being in a fraternity.

I will also say that I believe some level of hazing is necessary. As long as it's nothing crazy, it really does bring the pledges together and it will serve as great memories of things the pledge class had to endure together. And yes, hazing and being hazed does bring a sense of brotherhood to those involved. May sound crazy if you were never in a fraternity, but you have to go through it to understand.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet that almost all of the older frats are founded on Christian ideals. So was our country.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Propagandaments

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad someone pointed this out.