Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: shooting neighbor\'s cats in my backyard

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Correct. Dog owners walk them on a leash, keep them fenced in a yard, whatever. I've never known a cat owner who even remotely tried to control where the cat went. They run out the door, do whatever for however long, and come back in. I don't understand why cat owners let them go outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is such a retarded statement. almost all my friends who own cats, don't allow their cats outside. don't make such ignorant statements.

btw, i hate cats and dogs equally.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was referring to cat owners who let their cats go outside. Most people I know keep them indoors. I do too.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Correct. Dog owners walk them on a leash, keep them fenced in a yard, whatever. I've never known a cat owner who even remotely tried to control where the cat went. They run out the door, do whatever for however long, and come back in. I don't understand why cat owners let them go outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is such a retarded statement. almost all my friends who own cats, don't allow their cats outside. don't make such ignorant statements.

[/ QUOTE ]

I clarified in my 1st post that I was specifying cat owners who let thier cats go outside, Miajag just wanted to be a douche bag and changed teh context becuase he has his a stick up his as about me.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:46 PM

Go buy a bunch of mousetraps. Scatter them around your garden, but be sure to place them upside down so the cats can't get caught in them. When the cats disturb them, they will go off and the noise should startle the cats. This should discourage the cats from going into your garden.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hang on to the cats for a few days.

[/ QUOTE ]
These cats are skittish like strays. no way I could catch them.

[ QUOTE ]
A fence FTW?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a 5 1/2 foot fence but these cats, they're like supercats or something. They climb fences like butter.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I clarified in my 1st post that I was specifying cat owners who let thier cats go outside, Miajag just wanted to be a douche bag and changed teh context becuase he has his a stick up his as about me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, gotcha.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go buy a bunch of mousetraps. Scatter them around your garden, but be sure to place them upside down so the cats can't get caught in them. When the cats disturb them, they will go off and the noise should startle the cats. This should discourage the cats from going into your garden.

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems like a good idea. not to mention it'd probably be pretty funny to watch. take video of this, if you do this.

Just get a motion detecting sprinkler. Anything enters the garden, the sprinklers turns on for about 30 seconds.

They work just like the motion detector lights. My mom has one for her garden (she has a problem with deer). It will also keep other pests like rabbits and whatnot away.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why dont you people keep your pets inside, the world isnt your litter box?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because thatīs not fun for the animals.

Water gun should suffice. Make sure the water is COLD, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not fun for the animals? is that really the excuse? I mean most dog owners usually have at least a modicum of respect for others, cat owners rarely do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least itīs pretty cruel to make a cat stay in the house all the time - they just love to hunt and explore the neighbourhood. Once they are allowed to go outside, though, they respect no borders, and will [censored] where they please.

Out of my head, I can see only the following solutions to the problem:

- Not allow people to own cats at all

- Allow it, but make them torture the cats by keeping them in the house all the time

- Tolerate other peoples cats to [censored] in your garden

- Try to chase them away with a water gun (which might not work 100 % of the time)
Old 04-28-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems like a good idea. not to mention it'd probably be pretty funny to watch. take video of this, if you do this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah sounds good. I also have a loud ass airhorn I can try, or I might just get a Hav-a-hart trap and a can of tuna fish and then just call the humane society if I trap them.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A fence FTW?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL weīre talking about cats here, a fence will do nothing at all.