Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Wii has sold more than we thought

Why are gamers so pissy about their favorite console being the best? Can't we all just hug it out and admit that we're all geeks in this thing together?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last month the 360's software sold 3 times as much software as the Wii and PS3 combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, u do realize that u are using US-only data this statement...so xbox software isn't selling as much better as you are representing since it's doing much worse in Japan and not doing nearly as well in europe/australia/south america/etc as in the US

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, so a more expensive console that essentially requires an HDTV is not selling as well as a much cheaper console that does not require an HDTV in countries where consumers have less disposable income. Stop the [censored] presses.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:09 PM

i'm solely saying that it isn't accurate to state things like 360 software outsold wii+ps3 by 3x in september when that is US-only numbers

u can give excuses all day long for why sales aren't as good, but your statement "360 software outsold wii+ps3 software 3 to 1 in september" is not accurate
Old 10-26-2007, 03:57 PM

I am more impressed by US SALES numbers. I mean, they still make PS2 games in Europe. Nintendo products always killed in Japan, so no surprise there either.

I really don't understand why this is Wii v Everything else, with you. Wii is cool. I like the system, as do lots of people. Its cheaper than all the other ones. However, I won't buy one because I like my 360, and I like the video quality of the 360. I don't see why this is such a big deal for you.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand why this is Wii v Everything else, with you. Wii is cool. I like the system, as do lots of people. Its cheaper than all the other ones. However, I won't buy one because I like my 360, and I like the video quality of the 360. I don't see why this is such a big deal for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real question is why do YOU care? If Nick wants to post about how the Wii is kicking ass and that idea offends you, don't read his posts. I for one am happy that he posts these things, especially the game updates because it lets me hear about things that I may not have known about otherwise.

Keep up the good work Nick.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am more impressed by US SALES numbers. I mean, they still make PS2 games in Europe. Nintendo products always killed in Japan, so no surprise there either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Personally I'm most impressed by Mexican sales numbers...

Also, they still make PS2 games here...
Old 10-26-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The real question is why do YOU care?

[/ QUOTE ] Why? because its unneccesary clutter. I don't see why this whole debate has to be about convincing people which system is best. Its retarded and counterproductive reading a debate constantly bashing the other systems.

"Wii sells more units than 360"
"well 360 sold a ton last month"
"Wii is popular in Asia and Europe"

Who gives a [censored], sales don't equal best, any moron realizes that. People will buy whatever they please, for whatever fits their personal life best. I don't see why this always has to be a debate. Why don't you people just mention the positive and negatives and leave it at that.

Secondly, I care about US sales of a product because I live in the US. The sales success of a system here has a direct impact on the type and quality of games available here.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:26 PM

Now that we have all of these sales numbers squared away, let's talk about the actual quality of the games.

According to the site Metacritic, which averages the reviews of reputable game sites, the Xbox 360 has 80 titles with a review score of 80 or higher compared to just 11 for Wii. Moving up to 90 or above, we see that the 360 has 9 games compared to 3 for the wii.

http://www.metacritic.com/

Do you think any of the games for the wii even have a shot at game of the year?
Old 10-26-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, I care about US sales of a product because I live in the US. The sales success of a system here has a direct impact on the type and quality of games available here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is flawed. If 360 sold 10 Mil systems and 9 Mil in US, but the PS3 or Wii sold 1 Mil systems here, but still 10 Mil worldwide there would be zero impact on the quality. Maybe the type, as you'd get differing styles because there would be a worldwide market, but I don't see that as a bad thing.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why? because its unneccesary clutter.

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum doesn't get much traffic and these threads are very easy to ignore if you wish to.

[ QUOTE ]
Its retarded and counterproductive reading a debate constantly bashing the other systems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't read it!

The solution to your complaints is so simple and doesn't require moderator action or censorship! Just don't read threads that don't interest you.