Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: $25: Got me a combo draw

[ QUOTE ]

obv j/k about the range, but deffo the majority of his range you flip against, so once you get to this point i think u take it. At a guess I'd expect you to have about 40-45% equity against his range

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

through in a couple bare flush draw and some random 1 or 2 pair type hands and your still over 44% against this range. Easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give myself a pat on the back heh
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, just sucks to put 1.5+BI in with 40% equity lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, yeah but the FE on the flops meant to make up for it. Its a good point though, although I think you have an absolute ton of FE on the flop, you only stand to win a small pot when he folds, and if by raising you commit to the whole thing with 40% equity then the FE might not be making up for that?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, yeah but the FE on the flops meant to make up for it. Its a good point though, although I think you have an absolute ton of FE on the flop, you only stand to win a small pot when he folds, and if by raising you commit to the whole thing with 40% equity then the FE might not be making up for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

thats why i posted it, since it seems standard... but then it isnt.

But then how else can i play it?

However then i consider the "meta game"of players thinking you can shove Z [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]y [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Board with the flush and really you have sets etc and get cash from that.

So meh, its close - Next time ill go with the minraise line, untill i can win these coinflips-ish. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

night poker
Old 09-18-2007, 07:38 PM

When they lead A high flops vs stealer I think they have it most of the time. I'm not sure how much FE you have here....

I was hoping to be really smug about some sick stove results that owned OP, but sadly... :

Board: Ad 7d 5s
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 43.985% 43.98% 00.00% 26127 0.00 { 9d6d }
Hand 1: 56.015% 56.02% 00.00% 33273 0.00 { 77, 55, AJs+, A7s, A5s, AJo+, A7o, A5o }

NH Sir. Your Equity vs his range (being that tight) = push, because you might as well play the hand out, but I dont think your FE is all that great.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:39 PM

I guess if you do have FE then you are 100% fine to push.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

thats why i posted it, since it seems standard... but then it isnt.

But then how else can i play it?

However then i consider the "meta game"of players thinking you can shove Z [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]y [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Board with the flush and really you have sets etc and get cash from that.

So meh, its close - Next time ill go with the minraise line, untill i can win these coinflips-ish. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

night poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess thats it, if you're playing sets, two pair, TPTK (which I would stack off with here) the same way, + air, I guess you got a pretty difficult range to play against.

That said, I play it the same as you, although probably raise the flop to a little less than that, and would consider it standard.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was hoping to be really smug about some sick stove results that owned OP, but sadly...

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, dont be a hater [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

yeah JK - Thats it, if your shoving combos, people must open up their TPTK calling %'s or else they're folding made hands to your flush draws and whatever else.

Anyway, thats when poker gets sick and isnt quite needed for uNL but where the real fun begins(Oh and the higher varience). [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2007, 10:29 AM

Do not get it in on the flop against your usual micro donkey. He's not letting go off his ace, you're flipping against his range and adding the big rake to the equation this is basically an EV +-0 move.

In contrast, there's a lot of profit to be made just calling in position and simply trying to work as much of your stack in as possible if you hit. Your opponent probably won't be able to let go off his hand even if the flush hits and definitely not if the 8 hits.