Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Men: Would you have issues dating someone 10 years older?

[ QUOTE ]
This is different for women, so I specifically geared this toward men. I'm 26, and I've recently met someone who's 35. We get along so well, and she's so youthful (I thought she was 27), that the age gap is not an issue at all. Of course I think about things that might take their toll down the road - like priorities when it comes to children, and just the concept of her turning 40 when I'm only 31 (seems more notable than 35 and 26 for some reason). But outside of these logistic considerations, I don't even notice nor give a [censored] about the age difference. I wonder if other guys my age have been in this situation, or would have a problem being in this situation...

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a doubt, and anyone that is saying no has some growing up to do. Older women are still crazy, but they are no longer insanely catty and hung up on themselves. They're easier to talk to and they don't have to put on airs - they know who they are and what they want. They are also so much more physical and sexual.

You don't have to marry her if you date her and if you do date and end up in a srs biz relationship, that's also good. As to the "ew gross" crowd, please stay out of the cougar pool.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:04 PM

If she was loaded and a 6 or better, yes.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:10 PM

For a couple of weeks it seems fine.

I agree with everything KotOD said other then the "more physical and sexual" comment. This has to be a joke or some kind of sick level, no?

[ QUOTE ]
No.

Everyone saying yes has yet to see a naked woman.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2007, 05:17 PM

Suite: Nath is agreeing with us, I think.

Kotd: Very nice.

Firestorm: You are silly. Women peak sexually at like 40. Women in their 30s know what they want and aren't are crazy and full of hangups and bs.

Shadow: Nope. Time cannot be wasted if you're living each moment like it's your last. It's all just standing in a line waiting for your check to clear anyway.

All: Would anyone make these kind of compatability comments about me dating a 20 year old? Cuz I'd like to. I'd date any woman of legal age who I was genuinely attracted to and liked.

--GA
Old 09-24-2007, 05:23 PM

GA (whoa that's pronounced "gay", I never noticed that, don't worry I'm pretty sure you're not),

I agree, but I suspect that some of the people in this thread are like 22 years old and ZOMG AT SOME 40 YEAR OLD, SAGGING BOOBIES, CELLULITE AND STRETCH MARX DO NOT WANT.

The gym I belong to is overrun by MILFs, almost all in their mid-30s and older. Oh lawdy there are so many I'd love to bone. There's actually a group of swingers in the neighborhood and a lot of them are members in my gym. I'd like to sign up knowing some of the participants, but I'm not sure they'd accept my hand as a partner.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:29 PM

Met my wife when I was 29 and she was 36. I am now 42 and she is 49 and we are still married and she is still very attractive to me...even though most 49 year olds are "not so much". Works for us, but it wouldn't have been my first choice.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I'd have a problem with it (I'm about to turn 27 myself).

If I had just split up with my fiancee, however, I might be a bit reticent to get involved with a woman who is likely to want to settle down quickly, which I think is more true of women who are ~35 than those who are ~27.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, people remember everything here...

The reason I split with my fiancee had at least something to do with this new woman. I know it's easy to become infatuated with someone who represents certain qualities you feel are missing, but that's not the case here.

Also, she's not looking to settle down or anything. She's a really independent person, and if things go a certain way, they go a certain way, but she's not trying to push it any direction.

The bottom line is that the way I feel about her I've never felt about anyone before. I feel like it's really stupid to use her age against her in order to convince myself it's not a good relationship to get into.

Also, as far as signs of her age - there are none. She's tight and fit, physically my ideal woman.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:33 PM

To all those saying yes:

Hell, I'd rather do the mom than the daughter, and it isn't even close.