Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2006, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Commerce $1500NL vs Cunningham

[ QUOTE ]
lemon peel,

yes, although im sure alan was actually hoping that carl would overpush to isolate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, well that makes alot of sense now. But wouldn't it be better than for AC, assuming he does hold AA/KK to just push preflop and not have to worry about the post flop playing decisions? I mean, theres a nice chunk of change already out there and by pushing he knows he won't be making a mistake and can pad his stack by a good 10-15% without any real risk, and even better if UTG calls so even if he loses he'll lose only about 25% of his stack.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:18 PM

jloc,

Reraising preflop here with AA would be [censored].
Old 02-10-2006, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jloc,

Reraising preflop here with AA would be [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Like doyle brunson said, with aces you either lose a big pot or win a small one. The pot has a good amount of chips in it, why not just take it preflop and move on to the next hand? Why is reraising such a poor play in your opinion?
Old 02-10-2006, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David,

Once we check the flop, then decide to put more money in the pot, our hand becomes transparent. Do you disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

If by transparent you mean they know we have QQ, I disagree.

If you mean they know we have a strong hand I agree; but not anymore than if you bet the flop. Allen, the big stack with position cold called a reraise by Carl. Do you really think if Carl bet the flop with Allen "world class pro big stack that has me covered" still to act. Allen is gonna think that Carl is messing around?
Old 02-10-2006, 08:29 PM

I think we need to keep carl's range as wide as possible, and by betting the flop I doubt Alan is going to immediatly to think Carl has the freakin nuts. Sure he'll fold hands that he *might* bluff, but I doubt hes taking a stab with much at this point, especially with utg still around.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet 2k i think.

it's a bet that will look tempting for cunningham to push over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll venture an educated guess that AC will raise like 0 hands on this flop.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with my usual "I have AK acting"

isn't that pretty transparent against good players once you put in more money if an A or K doesn't show up? I can't imagine that they don't see the 'weak means strong' tell every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can remember in this moment at least plays versus Daniel Negreanu, David Pham where my subtle weak tell worked for me. I can assure it's not your usual weak means strong tell. It's more of a weak means weak tell.

I agree with Allen this is more difficult to do anyways.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He looks over my stack, thinks for a second, and calls. [..] I should maybe also say, that from what I saw, Allen never really considered folding preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt Allen Cunningham gives off easy tells but one interpretation is that had a medium pair, potentially put you on a bigger one, and was seeing if your stack size gave him pot odds to hit a set.

Playing it like a scared AK sounds good and you should definitely bet on the flop IMO. He won't fold 99/TT there.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:35 PM

To Ansky and the others who disagree with my way,

I think the pot is sufficiently big enough at this point to 3-bet it here. Remember these stacks only go 3.5,11,and 12 deep. 1700 in the pot already. That is a nice chunk of change. A reraise will most likely get the UTG to call as the pot odds will dictate (a reraise to 2000 puts 3700 in middle with UTG sitting 3000). That is a tough laydown. We are asuming the UTG has a some hand worth raising in that position. Colson DOES have QQ. Not an easy laydown for most. Especially for 900 more and great pot odds. If AC raises more it would still be a tough laydown for QQ. Now we here who eat,breathe, and crap poker can make it, but AC can't assume QQ go away the majority of the time from the avgerage Joe. He has position so his raising standards can be as low as AK here. Plus it may have looked from AC's position that colson was making a move to isolate the UTG. If your the CO, do you dump AK here? How about AQs? what is your range for AC. Mine I guarantee is much bigger tha n yours as I said in a previous post that I wouldn't even rule out suited connectors because his implied odds are so great here. Sounds like your guy's range is AA,KK,JJ,maybe TT. If that is the case, then their is a very small chance you will get much of his money for the resons MLG said (Q77 not a good flop....).
Old 02-10-2006, 08:37 PM

Masquerade,

I would be hesitant to put Alan on a medium PP here. There is a real chance that UTG will push, and commit alan to putting a lot of chips in with his 88/99. TT is about as low as im wlling to go with his range. If he does somehow have 99ish, his calling on the flop is by no means a sure thing.