Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Police Detained me : trip report.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
america, land of freedom, stfu as if you wouldn't get stopped anywhere else in a similar situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure this would never happen in the UK. I've been arrested in my youth and been treated 10x better than the description of the cops in the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they give you a hug and a crumpet over there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and a cuppa!
Old 09-13-2007, 12:27 PM

No crumpets. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
somehow i don't see anything wrong with this. if you give a cop attitude they will probably give it back. and they have infinitely more power than you,.. is that really a good strategy? it's entirely possible there was a crime reported in the area and it's the cops' responsibility and duty to stop anyone they suspect could be involved and investigate. that's how crimes get solved and action gets taken.

it someone steals your car stereo and you happen to catch a glimpse of the guy running away, then you report it to the cops, wouldn't you want them to stop a guy matching the description in the area and start asking him questions? people act like cops have no right to start asking questions.. hilarious.

america, land of freedom, stfu as if you wouldn't get stopped anywhere else in a similar situation. go to turkey and get hassled by the law, then give them attitude.. see if you leave the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone's right to get their car stereo back does not supercede my right to go about my business as I see fit. As shocked as I am that some people in this thread are surprised as to how cops act (wow, btw) this is pretty standard for the course - you couldn't see how something like this could get frustrating for your avg teenager/hippie/ethnic person?

Cops are trained in aggressive language and inciting hatred/reactionary responses from suspects to try and catch them off gaurd - a natural result of this is an image of pompous ignorance and unfair amounts of discretion. Having to deal for an hour while some jock douchebag calls me scum because he's had 6 whole months of police college training hurts my giant juicy brain.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:46 PM

your right to go about your business as you see fit ends when you resemble the description of a criminal who committed a crime in the area. it's pretty simple actually.

if your right to go about your business as you see fit DIDN'T end in the scenario above, then no crimes could really ever be solved.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First one looked completely neccessary and reasonable force. Second one looked a pretty harsh but is also kinda understandable.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First one looked completely neccessary and reasonable force. Second one looked a pretty harsh but is also kinda understandable.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because the drunk dude in the second one didn't type up a trip report in OOT.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cops are trained in aggressive language and inciting hatred/reactionary responses from suspects to try and catch them off gaurd

[/ QUOTE ]

So they are actually trained to grab random people, detain them and treat them like [censored]? No wonder you have a problem with police brutality, along with horrible relations between the police and minority communities.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also - RODNEY [censored] KING
Old 09-13-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cops are trained in aggressive language and inciting hatred/reactionary responses from suspects to try and catch them off gaurd

[/ QUOTE ]

So they are actually trained to grab random people, detain them and treat them like [censored]? No wonder you have a problem with police brutality, along with horrible relations between the police and minority communities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - taking a "language of the law" course is fun... They're offered at most universities, I think. A pretty decent primer on how both cops and lawyers alike can frame questions with varying degrees of control over the answers they get.

I.E. "We've had reports of a couple of break-ins around here from someone that looked like you. **That's an awful strange coincidence, no??**

The only way to answer this question, really, is a yes or no - either way can be quickly twisted to AT THE VERY LEAST make you get defensive/stuttering/offgaurd.

"Yes it's a coincidence?"
"are you being smart with me BOY"
"no... no-err.. what?"

"no.. no it's not a coin... err.."
"so you DID do it?"
Old 09-13-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Yes it's a coincidence?"
"are you being smart with me BOY"
"no... no-err.. what?"

"no.. no it's not a coin... err.."
"so you DID do it?"

[/ QUOTE ]

In England if a policeman tried doing this to me I would just laugh at him and he couldn't/wouldn't do sh*t about it.